In this blog, I will tell you that how to create dll in c# by using notepad and visual studio command prompt. Here I will provide you a sample algorithm which is helpful for you while creating dll in c#.
1) Create a class for which you want to create a dll. Like following example will be demonstrate a sample class.
This is a program which give you a demonstration that how to
make a dll in c# using notepad and visual studio command prompt.
using System; //A basic namespace which is required for c# program.
public class Employee
public void disp()
Console.WriteLine("This is sample dll created by notepad and c# compiler.");
2) Save this class in a file by using valid filename. I had save this file by using Employee.cs for this demonstration.
3) Now compile this file by using following syntax.
csc /target:library Employee.cs
This will create a dll for Employee class. Here target:library will denotes that a dll should be created after compilation.
4) Now create another file in which create a TestEmployee named class which used this dll. Following example will demonstrate use of this class.
This is a sample program which will execute
public class TestEmployee
public static void Main()
Console.WriteLine("Testing of Employee.dll begins....");
Employee emp=new Employee(); //Create an object of Employee class.
emp.disp(); //Call disp() method of Employee class.
Console.WriteLine("Testing of Employee.dll ends....");
5) Save this file by using TestEmployee.cs .
6) Compile this file by using following syntax.
csc /reference:Employee.dll TestEmployee.cs
Here reference word tells that Employee.dll is added in program before compiling.
7) Now execute program by writing TextEmployee.exe and see the output.