Magento community has released its Magento 2.3 version in the third quarter of the year 2018. It is an updated version from the already existing Magento version 2.2.4. This new release and its versions like Magento 2.3.1 and Magento 2.3.2 are already out to be used by the companies to get a seamless experience. It comes with great functionalities, features, and upgrades that were not present in their previous versions. Magento 2.3 version 2 is the latest version that was released on 25th June 2019.
Magento 2.3 Features
Let’s now talk about the latest Magento 2.3 and its functionalities with advanced upgrades:
A. GraphQL Support
Facebook created this query language in the year 2015. GraphQL Support is an API Technology that enables the Progressive Web App or PWA to push and pull the detailed information from the Magento Store. The information is retrieved using small packets of data and allows you to request data when required. This language also makes more minor API requests too. GraphQL is a practical and flexible approach that helps developmental tools. It also provides faster loading time as compared to Magento 2 platform. Another great thing about GraphQL is that it supports the read requests and the write requests that enhance performance, reduction in network transfers, and allows the schema evolution.
B. Progressive Web App or PWA
The PWA Studio helps in taking the benefits of the advanced developed features that progressively scale back on various devices where these new features are not available. It helps in using the website in an offline mode and allows the caching as well. This enables the access of the site wholly or partially when the internet service is not available.
C. MSI Or Multi-Source Inventory
The introduction of Multi-Source Inventory will help the merchants to manage their stores and inventory through multiple sources natively. The MSI will allow the merchants in seamless accommodation of the shipping of items, tracking of the stocks from various warehouses and also the inventory from various retail stores. MSI will support ‘ship from store’ and ‘pick up in store’ features. Magento 2.3 has also introduced new inventory reservation mechanism where the inventory will be reserved with a new table structure. There will be no direct decrementing of the stock that will prevent the unnecessary locking of the database during the order and also increase the performance. The merchants can take the service from reputed
Magento development services provider
if they are not aware of this advanced feature of Magento 2.3.
D. Declarative DB Schema
The Declarative Schema supports simplifying the installation and upgrade feature in Magento 2.3. It refubishes the way processes communicate in Magento and extensions resulting in minimizing the necessity for various database scripts. So, there will be no need to maintain these versatile scripts. DB Schema offers a significant advantage in the form of rolling out the database schema updates in the “patch releases” that was not possible in the previous versions. This Magento DB Schema version also supported the split and shared Database Structure Validation. The companies that are thinking to upgrade to Magento’s newer version can hire Magento developer who is well-versed with this new functionality.
E. Asynchronous And Bulk Web API
The newer Magento 2.3 has an Asynchronous API feature that makes it hassle-free to run multiple APIs at the same time. It was not possible in previous Magento versions as more significant the number of changes and API requests done, the longer time it took for responding. The Asynchronous and Bulk Web API integration will assist in enhancing the performance of the integrations that requires a lot of API calls. Moreover, the integrations need not wait for the requests to get completed when making any call. This feature is great for big websites that have to make Bulk API requests. These websites can make bulk API requests easily without waiting for the response from their servers.
A Few Updates Made In Magento 2.3
There are many additional updates and enhancements done in the Magento 2.3 along with the core updates. These are as under:
- Message Queue: The Message Queue functionality is now available with the Magento 2.3 Open Source platform along with other features that were previously available in the Magento Commerce. The developers can take the benefit with this newer functionality Queue.
- Page Builder: The Web Content Management functionality was quite limited in the Magento, and it uses to require third-party intervention. With the introduction of ‘Page Builder’, which is drag and drop visual content editing tool, now the customization is allowed in the seller’s storefront without writing any code. This is a user-friendly, intuitive, and powerful tool that the Magento platform users deserve. This updated feature is a re-write of the Blue Foot CMS as some of the concepts and foundation feature are nearly similar. The essential features taken from it are a drag-and-drop layout, template creation functionality, and comprehensible UX for the non-technical users. The businesses that are looking forward to using this feature in their Magento website can hire Magento developer and do the needful.
- Improvements In The Core Products: The Core Product improvements mainly include the following:
- Enhancements in the CMS with the introduction of the updated WYSIWYG editor that will support in using TinyMCE 4.6
- The availability of the scalable and robust engine that is ‘Elasticsearch Support’ for the Magento Open Source platform and with multiple language support too.
- There is a change introduced in the versioning of the B2B products
- Magento 2.3 provides excellent indexing along with sharding and parallel processing by reducing the indexing time by nearly 60%.
- Google reCAPTCHA Function: This comes under the security enhancement of Magento 2.3 Open Source platform as this validation will control any type of spam registration. This in-built mechanism will track the fraudulent activities and will help the merchants to keep their web pages safe and secure from any malicious users or bots.
- Two-Factor Authentication: It is another security feature in Magento 2.3 This feature works against those malicious users or hackers who have obtained your store’s passwords. The added layer of protection will make the users enter the security code that will be sent to their registered phone number.
Magento 2.3 has come up with added advantages both security and functionality wise over its predecessors. Its latest versions
came up with additional fixes and features that made Magento an excellent platform for merchants and users. These advanced functionalities will significantly support the Magento’s performance, infrastructure, security, vendor, and merchant tool enhancement. The Companies who are still waiting for upgrading to new features and functionalities can opt for the professional services from Magento development services Company who has a team of Magento experts and developers.
Last updated:8/21/2019 12:42:41 AM