StringBuilder (Mutable Strings) in C#
StringBuilder class is the part of the C# string in the category of mutable string and it’s provide like a mutable strings (dynamically add the more character in given string). Mutable strings are also known as dynamic strings.
StringBuilder class provides a many methods which are used to manipulate the strings dynamically.
There are some important methods related to StringBuilder class as
1. Append() : which are used for an append a string
2. AppendFormat(): which are used for an append a strings using a specific format
3. Insert(): which are used for inserts a string at a specified position
4. Remove(): which are used for removes the specified characters.
5. Replace(): Replaces all instances of a character with a specified one.
6. EnsureCapacity():it check the sufficient size. Etc.
And properties of its
Capacity, Length, MaxCapacity etc.
How create the StringBuilder class
· StringBuilder strName=new StringBuilder()
Where strName is created as an empty string.
· StringBuilder strName=new StringBuilder(“India”);
Where strName is created with a string “india”.
Note: The System.Text namespace contains the StringBuilder class.