Polymorphism is important features of object-oriented programming (OOP’s) and we can define itas "Polymorphism means one name multiple forms". Or we use the same name for different methods by passing different parameters by varying data types, then this process is called polymorphism.
Important points on polymorphism
• Poly means many and morph means form. Thus, polymorphism refers to being able to use many forms of a type without regard to the details.
• Polymorphism is the characteristic of being able to assign a different meaning specifically, to allow an entity such as a variable, a function, or an object to have more than one form
• Polymorphism is the ability to process objects differently depending on their data types
• Polymorphism is the ability to redefine methods for derived classes.
Types of Polymorphism
• Compile time Polymorphism
Compile time Polymorphism also known as method overloading.Method overloading means having two or more methods with the same name but with different signatures.
• Run time Polymorphism
Runtime Polymorphism also known as method overriding. Method overriding means having two or more methods with the same name, same signature but with different implementation