With frizzy hair, every day is a battle. From smoothening the hair with serums to burning the hair with straightening rods, our hair has to endure a lot. But, embracing long silky locks doesn’t always have to be a daily struggle or an expensive affair. Smooth, shiny, and frizz-free hair can be attained at home.
Yes! You no longer need to spend hours in the salon getting your dry, curly hair chemicalized because hair experts trust the home remedies. Save yourself the effort, time, money and your hair from damage by nourishing your mane with home remedies that are effective and affordable.
Scroll till the end because we have listed for you home remedies and effective ways o get lustrous, smooth hair naturally within the comfort of your home.
1) Hot Oil Treatment: The natural treatments emphasizes on hot oil treatment for maintaining straight and smooth hair. It is an age-old treatment that our grandmother’s swears by for nourishing the hair, promoting healthy hair growth, repairing damage, treating breakage, split ends, and locking moisture. Coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, almond oil have proven efficacies in adding shine to the hair. Most commonly, coconut oil is used because it is packed with vitamins and fatty acids that will aid the nourishment and conditioning of hair.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil (You can increase the quantity as per your hair length)
- Heat it on a low flame ensuring it is lukewarm and not scalding hot.
- Massage your hair from the hot coconut oil from the roots to the length of the hair
- Keep it overnight and wash the hair with lukewarm water and chemical-free shampoo
- You can also add curry leaves to the oil for extra care if you feel like.
2) Aloe Vera Care: Aloe Vera is a wondrous plant for hair and skin. Buy plants online and treat your hair naturally with this green beauty. Aloe Vera is a storehouse of enzymes that aids in the treatment of dead cells on the scalp and also acts as a great conditioner. It also contains keratin, the protein your hair is made up of. Thus, the application of Aloe Vera sap on hair reduces dandruff and adds the shine and smoothness to the hair.
- Peel the Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel
- In a bowl mix water with aloe vera gel
- Apply or spray the prepared mixture on the hair
- Leave it overnight and rinse off the next morning
3) Egg Mask: You must have heard of egg shampoos for curing lifeless and dry hair? Go natural by applying an egg mask on the hair. Eggs are rich in proteins, vitamins A, D, E, and fatty acids. All these nutrients make hair soft, improve texture and shine, repair damage, and strengthen the hair follicles. If you love eggs, then this remedy is a must-try for you for smooth, shiny hair.
- In a bowl, add 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil and honey
- Add to this 2-3 eggs. Whisk the ingredients until you get a smooth mixture
- Cover the scalp and lengths of your hair with this mixture.
- Let the mask sit for 20-25 minutes
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water for washing the mask
- Condition your hair
4) Avocado Protection: Avocado is the fruit of the hair and soul. It not only makes your salad appetizing to eat but is also beneficial for the health of your hair. The next time you make an Avocado salad, save a few for your hair as well. The monosaturated fat found in Avocados makes it an excellent nourisher.
- Mash one ripe avocado.
- Add to it one sliced banana and one tablespoon of almond oil
- Mix until the ingredients combine well.
- Apply the prepared avocado mask on the scalp and hair thoroughly
- Rinse off with lukewarm water, followed by shampoo
5) Beer Massage: Why drink beer when you can bathe in it? The beer in your bar is an amazing hair conditioner. The malt and hops present in beer are power-packed with proteins, helping to revive damaged and rejuvenating lifeless hair. Vitamin B responsible for hair luster is also found in beer.
- Apply a thin layer of beer starting from the scalp to the tips of the hair
- Gently massage your scalp
- Leave the hair to soak the beer
- After 10-15 minutes, wash the hair with lukewarm water
6) Apple Vinegar Cider Nourishment: The hair elixir-- Apple vinegar cider. It is a potent ingredient in maintaining the desired PH level of the scalp, resulting in shiny, smooth, and soft hair. It is also a detoxifying hair agent.
- Add water to the apple vinegar cider, and stir well
- After shampoo and conditioning your hair, apply a layer of the mixture to the hair
- Let it stay overnight and rinse the next morning.
In addition, these smooth hair home remedies protect your hair from heat, chemicals, and excessive use of iron rods. Pay attention to trimming, proper conditioning, and combing techniques. Care for your hair following these remedies and tips, and you surely have luscious, long, silky-smooth hair locks.