In this blog I will elaborate about software requirements for Android application and also given some guidelines, how to install it and build a platform for developing Android based application in widows.
Perform the following steps to build the platform for developing Android
1) Download and install latest jdk version for your windows.
2) Download and install android-sdk for windows.
3) Download and install eclipse-java-indigo-SR1-win32-x86_64
4) Configure ADT (Advanced Development Toolkit) Plugin
· Start Eclipse, and then Select Help à Install New Software....
· Click Add, in the top-right corner.
· In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter "ADT Plugin" for the Name and the following URL for the Location:
· Click OK
Note: If you have trouble acquiring the plugin, try using "http" in the
Location URL, instead of "https" (https is preferred for security reasons).
· In the Available Software dialog, select the checkbox next to Developer
Tools and click next.
· In the next window, you'll see a list of the tools to be downloaded.
· Read and accept the license agreements, then click Finish.
Note: If you get a security warning saying that the authenticity or validity of
the software can't be established, click OK.
· When the installation completes, restart Eclipse
After performing the above steps you can easily build an android
application for mobile devices by using eclipse IDE.