If you are thinking of upgrading your personal computer or a tablet from its older version to the latest release of operating system, Windows 10, then here is the minimum hardware requirement that you’ll be needing.
· To upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free, you need to have either Windows 7 SP1 or Widows 8.1 already installed on your PC. Along with this,
· You need to have a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC. 64-bit versions of Windows 10 require a processor that supports CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF capabilities.
· Your system must have a minimum RAM of 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit operating system or 2 gigabyte (GB) for 64-bit operating system.
· The space which the operating system is going to take on the hard disk is 16 GB for 32-bit operating system and 20 GB for 64-bit operating system.
· For gaming and graphics experience you need to have a graphic card DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver but some games and apps might require DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance and along with this, a display of 800x600.
Now let’s talk something about the features which the Microsoft have provided
in its latest release of Windows operating system:
· Now if you want to have a touch experience on your PC or tablet you need to have a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
· Another awesome feature of Windows 10 which you would for sure wish to have on your system is Cortana. But unfortunately Cortana is only supported in the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. This speech recognition requires you to have a microphone.
· Microsoft included a new feature “Windows Hello”, which is a specialized illuminated infrared camera for face recognition or iris detection, or a finger print reader which supports the Windows Biometric Framework.
· Features like music and video streaming of Xbox Music and Xbox Video streaming capabilities are also included but are available only in certain regions.
· Other feature include, device encryption, a PC with InstantGo and TPM 2.0, BitLocker which is available only in Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, Trusted Platform Module ( TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a USB flash drive.