If you are thinking of upgrading your personal computer or a
tablet from its older version to the latest release of operating system,
Windows 10, then here is the minimum hardware requirement that you’ll be
· To upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free, you
need to have either Windows 7 SP1 or
Widows 8.1 already installed on your
PC. Along with this,
· You need to have a processor of 1 gigahertz (GHz)
or faster processor or SoC. 64-bit
versions of Windows 10 require a processor that supports CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF
· Your system must have a minimum RAM of 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit
operating system or 2 gigabyte (GB) for
64-bit operating system.
· The space which the operating system is going to
take on the hard disk is 16 GB for
32-bit operating system and 20 GB
for 64-bit operating system.
· For gaming and graphics experience you need to
have a graphic card DirectX 9 or
later with WDDM 1.0 driver but some
games and apps might require DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance and
along with this, a display of 800x600.
Now let’s talk something about the features which the
Microsoft have provided
in its latest release of Windows operating system:
· Now if you want to have a touch experience on
your PC or tablet you need to have a tablet or a monitor that supports
· Another awesome feature of Windows 10 which you
would for sure wish to have on your system is Cortana. But unfortunately
Cortana is only supported in the
United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. This
speech recognition requires you to have a microphone.
· Microsoft included a new feature “Windows Hello”, which is a specialized
illuminated infrared camera for face recognition or iris detection, or a finger
print reader which supports the Windows Biometric
· Features like music and video streaming of Xbox Music and Xbox Video streaming capabilities are also included but are
available only in certain regions.
· Other feature include, device encryption, a PC
with InstantGo and TPM 2.0, BitLocker which is available
only in Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, Trusted
Platform Module ( TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a USB flash drive.