It is essential for businesses big or small to have legal advisors and software to keep themselves from having to follow-up on legal issues and compliance issues. Almost all the corporate entities use
legal case management software to efficiently manage their businesses and focus more on their business goals rather than breaking their head on legal matters as there are experts available for this job, these things are best left to them, who can handle it with ease.
There are four types of processes that the legal teams and general counsels are responsible for – notices, litigation, contracts and Intellectual property rights. These four are ingrained in the corporate world as they are around for quite some time. With growing businesses being dynamic in nature, it is near impossible to track thousands of processes, handle all the documentation, monitor time to time progress and control the expenses in a structured manner.
This is where the legal case management software comes into picture. The software makes it easy to manage all the above process while centrally maintaining all the systems. It binds all the systems together so that the processes work as one.
Legal case management software is web-based, which makes it easy for the user to see everything clearly ensuring transparency across all the stakeholders of the company. Proper notifications and alerts are sent to the necessary users on each important milestone like project deadline, contract renewal date, hearing dates, warnings on dates of reply for legal notices, expiry of an IPR and many more. The software is also a unique facilitator that effortlessly integrates all the four processes into one.
There are plenty of benefits that a legal case management software can provide. From generating different kinds of colourful and easy to read reports to be able to upload all the documentary proofs, a software can do it all with ease and comes with a fool-proof management system. A dashboard makes it easy for the user to access the reports and know about the conformities quickly.
Here are a few key benefits –
• With reduction in manual processes for follow-ups and reviews, the cost is reduced drastically. Besides there is full visibility for the senior management. The access can be across the organisation, location or jurisdiction.
• It is easy to manage and change roles as per needs. Everything happens on a click of button.
• Since the changes happen in real-time, everybody sees the updated data. There is no duplication. A single calendar combines cases, notices, contract dates and IPRs.
• The software becomes an all-inclusive central repository for all the necessary document. No more loosing of important documents, or fiddling with multiple versions. Every document is managed by the software.
• The overheads and litigation costs are clearly marked and a detailed report on cost vs benefits is available.
• The central repository maintains all the versions of a file and contains all the information related to attorneys, courts and the available law firms. It has all the case information and documents well placed in a single place.
• Not all documents are exposed to everyone. The access is controlled.
• Businesses can focus on more important work and do more value addition rather than worrying about legal issues and follow-ups.
With benefits aplenty, it is essential to look out for a good company that provides a good legal case management software.