Ever since Bone Marrow Transplant surgeries have entered Indian Medicare facilities, people have been talking about it with curiosity. Over the past few decades, the nation has seen a plethora of institutions promising results and extensive care units for such patients.
With the existence of several Bone Marrow Transplant hospitals in India, patients feel no pressure of seeking consultation outside of the country. Not only have these hospitals helped the country, but every year, we can observe an increase in medical tourism from foreign countries as well.
Which Hospitals Are The Best?
Before answering this question, let's acknowledge the risk factor as well as the intensive care needed. Bone Marrow Transplant hospitals in India provide both preliminary as well as the conditioning procedure services. Moreover, the hospitals have an extensive care unit for such patients.
Low-Cost Bone Marrow Transplant Surgery In India
Some other services like an in-house biopsy centre, marrow bank, blood bank, Intensive Care Unit, etc play a major role too. Lastly, the specialist along with the oncologist has a huge say in determining the hospital's position on the list.
Given below are some of the essentials, a Bone Marrow Transplant hospital must have:
● A pre-surgical unit for all the diagnoses. As a Bone Marrow Transplant is quite risky for both the parties I.e., for the donor as well as the patient, the hospital must have a pre-surgical unit.
● Your hospital and specialist alone is responsible for checking up the compatibility of the receiving marrow. You must get a test done at Bone Marrow Transplant hospitals in India beforehand.
● Usually, the Bone Marrow Transplant needs conditioning treatments by Oncologists, so the hospital must have inhouse radiation as well as a chemotherapy centre with an array of experts helping the patients.
● All three types of transplants must be supported by the hospital unit be it Allogeneic, Autologous, Umbilical. In the case of Allogeneic surgeries, they must possess the marrow registries for transplants. Similarly, the hospital should have a prepared harvesting unit for Umbilical cords from the babies.
The Best Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals In India
1. Max Healthcare
2. Apollo hospitals
3. Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
How To Get Treatment At Best Hospitals For Bone Marrow Transplants?
For getting the best Bone Marrow Transplant at a reliable Indian hospital like Max Healthcare, you must follow the following protocol (with some help from your hospital):
● Book your appointment beforehand. The surgery may take a week only but the conditioning procedure goes on for a longer period. Consult the hospital beforehand and seek medical aid.
Top 4 Fitness Habits That Can Make You Feel Good Again
● Go through a tally of all the pre-op care, medicine lists, miscellaneous requirements etc. It would help manage your finances as well.
● Your hospital also makes proper arrangements for post-op care. Make sure you are well aware of all these facilities they have enlisted before the surgery.
Bone Marrow Transplants may sound a bit threatening at first. However, keeping the various positive results in mind, it is treatable at a leading hospital like Max Healthcare. All you need to do is do your own little research first and choose what's best for you.