Almost everyone knows about Google, but some people don’t know that they also manufacture a Wifi device. This device is called OnHub or simply known as Google Wifi.
With Google as being the manufacturer, you can expect a lot from it. And yes, you can expect that it can perform well and a reliable Wifi access point.
They even made a software called the “Google Wifi App”. This software can be used for remotely managing the OnHub devices from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
One of the most interesting features of this app is the ability to set the network priority. With this feature, you will be able to adjust the device connectivity. This is important if there’s a lot or multiple devices connected to your access point.
You can make your device the highest priority so even if the network is already congested, you won’t feel the slow down of the internet. Another good thing about this software is you can limit the usage time of your kids or guest network activity.
This app can also change the SSID and update the password of your Google Wifi devices for a hassle-free setup. Since the Google Wifi app is very useful, most people opt for installing this on their computer.
However, as of now, there is no available version made for the Windows nor Mac Operating System. To use this app on a computer, you need to run the Android version on your computer which also explains from
this link. To summarize it, you need an emulator program to run it on PC.
Requirements Of An Emulator Program
Since you are going to use an emulator to run the Google Wifi app, you need to see if you have a computer capable of it. The emulator does not require a very powerful computer, but if your hardware is old already, check the system requirements before you install it.
• Your computer processor must be able to run a minimum of 1 GHz speed. This is one of the most major requirements for running it.
• The memory must be 2 GB or above. If you have lower than the minimum requirements, try increasing the virtual memory.
• The hard disk must have a space enough for downloading and installing the emulator and of course, the Google Wifi app. 10 GB is more than enough for this.
• Install the Visual C++ both the x64 and x86 versions. You can download the installer by going to the website of the Microsoft Corporation.
• To avoid issues related to the graphics, it is also suggested to update your graphics card driver.
• It also requires that you have a
DirectX and OpenGL installed on your machine.
• To speed up the emulation, you can also enable the optional settings called virtualization. This option can be found on the UEFI or BIOS. Boot your computer to BIOS and enable this option to increase the speed of the emulator.
How To Install The Emulator Program ?
We will assume that you follow the method above in order to avoid most problems. Now, the next thing that you need to do is to install the emulator program called BlueStacks.
The BlueStacks can be download from their website by simply typing this word on a Google search engine. From their website, click the download button to start saving it to your computer. Just make sure to grab the package compatible with your Operating System.
Locate the file and double click it to start the installation setup. Accept the requirements of the emulator by clicking the “I Agree or Accept” button.
Now, click the install button and wait for it to finish. You will find the shortcut of the BlueStacks from your desktop once the installation has finished.
Open the BlueStacks emulator. The login page will now appear. This is only the Gmail account integration, so enter yours or if you don’t have it yet, you can go to Gmail.com and create your account and use it here.
Once you are inside the BlueStacks, open the Play Store and it won’t as for your account anymore since you already provided it.
Search for Google Wifi and then install it. Go back to the Home menu, you will find the icon of the Google Wifi, click this and finally, this software will run now from your computer. Have fun connecting your device into it and start managing your access point.
Also, you can try securing your connection while connected to the Google Wifi app by installing a great VPN application such as the
Kiwi VPN for PC. Connecting to a VPN app while using the Google Wifi will provide you an encrypted connection.