When it comes to setting up a Netgear Wi-Fi Extender, you will come across a wide range of procedures, but you should only follow those procedures, which have been tried and tested by the majority of users, or which are recommended by experts. There are two common ways of setting up Netgear Wi-Fi Extender; one is via Netgear Genie, which is a software that automates the entire process. It is arguably the simplest way of setting up Netgear Extender, but many people are not able to set up their units using it. If you too are not being able to automatically setup your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender, then you should try setting it up manually. To carry out the process, you will need a computer and an Ethernet cable, and once you have these things available with you, then you can begin with the setup process.
Setting up Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender manually
If Netgear Wi-Fi extender is connected with the Ethernet cable, then the steps that you will have to follow would be:
• Use the computer for connecting to the Netgear Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet cable.
• Log on to the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender web user interface using www.myWiFiext.net.
• Enter “username and password “, by default it is “admin” “password” respectively.
• Go to setup >> wireless settings.
• Check password value (network key) filed in option-security.
• Select apply.
• Reconnect the Wi-Fi device to the Netgear WIFI extender.
Note- You can refer My WIFI Ext login, in case if you face any kind of trouble.
If Netgear Wi-Fi extender is without Ethernet
If you are setting up the extender without Ethernet cable, then you will have to following below-mentioned steps:
• Rest Netgear Wi-Fi extender to default settings, for doing this press and hold the button “factory settings” for a long.
• Connect Netgear WIFI Extender through WIFI.
• Login to Netgear WIFI Extender user interface through using my WiFi ext, after which, you will have to add “username” and “password”, by default it is “admin” and “password” respectively and always case sensitive.
• Now you have to follow “Setup Wizard” for setting up the connection with the router.
IMPORTANT- Never make use of WPS when you are recommending your router.
• Now, reconnect all your Wi-Fi devices with your Netgear WIFI Extender.
If there is still an issue with Wi-Fi extender, then you can get in touch with the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender tech support facility because they are the ones who can help fix the problem you are facing while setting up your extender. You can ask them anything about the extender and they will respond you with the most suitable solutions. At the end of the call, your extender will be properly set up and you will be using fast and reliable internet on all your devices.