Over the past few years everyone has seen tremendous growth in the users of social media as technology is reaching great heights. Now every social networking sites use application which are simple in use and advance in technology.
Social media marketing is the process of building awareness about you, your products or services through the various social media channels. It comes in the category of digital marketing. The ultimate goal of any social media marketing campaign is to drive traffic to a website, increase the visibility and presence of a product, gain more social media followers or find more customers. The most popular social media networks today are: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. Big brands or we can say every brand keeps updating about its new launched products.
Every type of company do it whether it’s a company who made gadgets or a company who makes fashionable clothes. Almost everything is been promoted on social media as it has good reach to large no. of people.
Importance of social media marketing
- It’s the fastest way to spread the world about a new product, service or news item – A tweet can go viral in minutes and spread a message around the Word faster than TV or other traditional media.
- It’s a trend – Millions of people spend a good amount of their time on social media networks so if you ‘need them’ you know where to find them. •
- It’s the new marketing strategy – Back in the old days, marketers found out that many people spend time in their cars driving so they thought of the billboards on the roads. Today people are spending time on social media so as a marketer you have to start thinking this way too to promote about their products and business.
- It’s the new influencer – Recent studies show that social media is becoming a big and vast sales platform and more and more companies are stating that they get customers from Facebook or Twitter or Instagram.
Tips for beginner in social media marketing Decide
At first decide which social networking website you are goanna use you can use more than 1 as there are many platforms available where large number of people spend their lot of time.
A nice way to find out which platform is best suited to your niche is to find the influencers and analyze where they have success. If they have 200,000 Facebook fans but only 3000 twitter followers then it simply means that Facebook is much better than twitter as u are getting more reach on Facebook.
Optimization of social media profiles
After deciding which social media tools you will use (at least in the starting), the next step is to optimize your profiles on those sites. By optimizing your profiles you increase your maximum chances of getting more followers at good rate and it is also a good way to boost your SEO efforts.
Few basic rules that apply to all websites are as follows:
1. Use a real photo, showing your face – avoid using animals, places or anything that is not real. Social media is all about connecting with people and if you want to have a trusted profile you need to get out of your cage and put your face on the social network
2. Write a good description about yourself or your company – What is your background or expertise? What are you proud off? Mention this is your profile.
3. Give an indication to users what type of info you will share – Although this is not necessary, I like to read in profiles what kind of info to expect from the particular person.
4. Include a link to your website – On Facebook include a link in the ‘About the particular section’, on Twitter and Pinterest in the ‘Web site Section’, on Google+ in the ‘Contributor to’ section. In simple words, do use your social media profiles for SEO purposes as well.
Connection of website or blogging with social media pages
After making your social media profiles ready the next step is to connect your website with social media pages. There is a certain process to follow for each platform and it is very important that you do it correctly. A correct binding between the two means that search engines and social media websites know which website responds to which social media page.
Social media buttons
After connecting your website with the respective business pages on social media, you also need to add social media buttons on your website so that readers can easily share your content.
Search and follow the influencer
So far we have selected the most relevant social media tools for our comfort, optimized our social media profiles, connected our website with the social media pages and added the buttons on our pages for more interaction.
The next step is to find people to follow but most importantly to gradually build our tribe of followers.
It is almost certain that they will not follow you back because you have a new account with no followers but doing so is important for 3 reasons.
1. Social networking sites will use this information to make discussion or suggestion on who to follow so by following popular people in your niche is like telling them that you are also in that niche.
2. When you follow popular people who are likely to get followed by others as well. A tactic many people use is to follow the followers of a popular person because they know that some will follow them back as well that generally don’t happen.
3. They will most probably share important and useful information about the niche so you have a chance to learn something new and re-share that with your followers.
Balance between followers and following
Once you start following people you should always have in mind that it’s better to keep a balance between the number of people you follow and the number of people who are following you back.
This is important especially in Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest and the reasons are a lot:
Software applications are using this ratio (followers/following) to make suggestions on ‘who to follow’ so if you have a very good or high ratio you minimize your chances of getting new quality followers.
It is a matter of trustworthiness – Who do you think has a trusted profile: someone with 1000 followers but following 2500 or someone with 550 followers that follows 510?
A balanced profile is good for SEO – Search engine optimization have been talking the last couple of months about the importance of social media for SEO and how things are changing and although it is not yet confirmed, it is more likely that people with strong social media profiles are in better position that those with weak profiles.
When it comes to social media there are 2 important things. First one has to do with the setup of your social media profiles and the second one is about usage i.e. how you use your social media account.
For the first point, it is important to engage in the networks more suited to your comfort and to have a proper connection between your social media pages and website.
also read:SEO in youtube