In this blog, I’m explaining about HTML server control in .Net
1. The HTML Server Controls follow the HTML-centric object Model. Model similar to HTML
2. Here the controls can be made to interact with Client side scripting. Processing would be done at client as well as server depending on your client.
3. Migration of the ASP project thought not very easy can be done by giving each intrinsic HTML control a runat =server to make it HTML server side control.
4. The HTML server controls have no mechanism of identifying the capabilities of the client browser accessing the current page.
5. A HTML server control has similar abstraction with its corresponding HTML tag and offers no abstraction.
The following table describes the HTML server controls:
Control Name HTML Tag
HTMLHead <head> element
HTMLInputButton <input type=button|button|reset>
HTMLImg <img> element
HTMLLink <link> element
HTMLAnchor <a> element
HTMLTable <table> element
HTMLTableCell <td> and <th>
HTMLTableRow <tr> element
Client side scripts
Onblur when the control loses focus
Onfocus when the control receives focus