For years, the UI/UX developers have made designs for websites on their own and translated every effect. But now, since the growing use of Artificial intelligence and machine learning, this tiring process of delivering countless designs has become pretty easy. The work of a UI/UX designer includes adapting, translating, and rationalizing the designs for the customers in order to sustain their localization, legibility, and accessibility.
To know more about the complete package of website development and website design, hop on to ‘Enter the world of design and development’.
Although website design is quite an interesting work, it includes hours of brainstorming and repetitive translations by the UI/UX designer. Thus, AI is used to reduce the manual labor of doing repetitive tasks. The era of AI is a completely different era, they have transformed the digital world completely through easy processes like machine learning. They have already established their base in digital marketing by helping the eCommerce firm compete easily in the market to generate ROI. Hence, it is expected that the slow and steady emergence of AI in UI/UX development would lighten the burden of the designers and give them time for other complex tasks.
Future of AI and UX/UI design:
1. Providing smart experience to the users: by transforming the design domain slowly, they may reduce the job of the designer to produce smart designs to the users repeatedly. Instead, AI could detect the user preference by the amount of time a user spends on the site, the page landing, and page visit, and set the design accordingly. Although it is a drawback that the designs could be repetitive but the developers could transform it by modifying the server and client interface. In this way, whenever AI detects something different in the user behavior it would generate the code to inform the designer about it. Other than this, it could be of great help to the users with visual impairments as AI could detect the context of the design and interpret it for such users.
2. Detecting the user behavior patterns: AI could be used to detect the patterns of the user behavior and produce designs accordingly. This helps in providing better UX depending on the insights taken by the user.
3. Standardized website design: AI can also create algorithms for a rich design experience. When the user interface is generated, it also helps in creating a rich user experience. Filling the changes for the website design and cascading those changes repeatedly could be time-consuming for the designers. Here, AI could come to use and shove away the need of designing the website from the very basic, repeatedly. Not just this, the bot feature of the AI helps to show some suggestions too.
4. Compatibility: compatibility is a great issue for the dynamics of UI/UX development. Not everything the designers tend to design is compatible with the website. AI could be put to use in ensuring the compliance as well as the compatibility of the software. It is used to keep checks on the risks involved & the policies that are deployed by the UI designers. AI consists of a very powerful tool called intelligence-based machine learning systems, which means this tool can effectively keep a check on the compliance of the website.
5. Smooth Interface: in the future, AI could also help in discerning interfaces without any hindrance. Sometimes, the websites lag a little bit in their functioning, and this troubles the designers a lot. They have to do repeated coding, form connections between the user & the server, and then finally deploy their designs. Also, sometimes the designers may deploy the app by anticipating the need of the users. This could affect some people but not all. Hence, to deploy a smart app experience for every particular demography, it is useful to understand the usage patterns, which the AI is comfortable in doing.
6. Automating repeated/small tasks: at times designers have to consistently do the repeated tasks like cropping, editing, color correction, etc. This takes up a lot of their time if it is done manually. AI could be used to automate this work so that it saves the designer’s time to do further tasks. The best artificial intelligence companies are onto formulating this solution.
7. No Interface: now as the digital world is rapidly increasing, the users are tired of getting onscreen for every little task. Instead, they use touch, volume, or another type of sensation with their machines. Thus, devices like Google Home (software, Alexa) are dependent on direct human response rather than online patterns.
8. Advanced UI: the domain of User Interface takes a new turn as the augmented reality or virtual reality include visual content to define their user experience. Now, the users would get a clear visual picture of the product before making a purchase. AI gives the experience of multi-sensory touchpoints to convert imagination into reality.
9. Transformed modules: the design language of the product is built with the help of design systems. The AI could be used to make customizable preferences for the users for better experiences. It helps in transforming the modules, patterns, and elements of the design.
The AI is used in various sectors and with its initiation in Artificial Intelligence, it could be used to make the designs even more impactful for the users. Through machine learning and the smart incorporation of AI, the time of users doing repetitive tasks would be saved. This can indulge them in user feedback and other complex tasks like decision making. This would also shift the user experience from basic UX to customized UX/UI.