Posted on    May-02-2013 12:46 AM

C# C# 
Ratings:

6 Reply(s)
 824  View(s)
Rate this:
Hi Experts,

Questions :

1. Is it possible to Install the Windows Application with out Admin Privileges  and
2. Whether we can run the windows application with out installing either Keeping the required files in Share Folder.
I don't need to do it via Click Once deployment. Any help appreciated .

John Smith

Total Post:102

Posted on    May-02-2013 3:00 AM

If we have to install any windows application on Vista or later version of OS like Windows 7 and 8 then we should have Admin rights.
For your problem ClickOnce is the best option.

Please explain your second point.

Shankar M

Total Post:25

Posted on    May-02-2013 3:29 AM

Ok John. My Second question is Can we run the Windows Application  with out Installation from a Shared Network Drive ?

John Smith

Total Post:102

Posted on    May-02-2013 4:23 AM

Yes you can run your windows application from other system or server. (no need to install it on your machine - if your windows app is installed on the server and you are connected it through network then its easy.. one more thing you should have rights to access application from other machine)

Uttam Misra

Total Post:125

Posted on    May-02-2013 4:30 AM

Shankar,
First of all what is your exact requirement?
Do you have two windows application , first installed on yours and other installed on the server or other machine?
Do you want to access second windows app which is installed on the server by your locally installed application?
Do you have rights to access other machine by using network connection or you talking about RDP?

Shankar M

Total Post:25

Posted on    May-02-2013 8:47 PM

Hi Mishra,

Let me make it a bit clear to you.

Can we run the Windows Application from the Server or From the Shared Network Drive ?

Hi John, 

Thanks a lot. Can you Tell me how to accomplish this ? 

AVADHESH PATEL

Total Post:604

Posted on    May-04-2013 2:28 AM

As far as I know is the only way to run an exe on another computer is login as that user (not as a program) to that computer either behind the screen or by using remote desktop. (terminal client)

Don't want to miss updates? Please click the below button!

Follow MindStick