Home > DeveloperSection > Forums > How to add an aspx page in ASP.NET with code-behind?
Allen Scott

Total Post:36

Posted on    November-03-2014 5:22 AM

ASP.Net C# 
Ratings:

1 Reply(s)
 523  View(s)
Rate this:

We have an ASP.Net application, done by a third-party, that uses third-party controls. The problem is that some of these controls don't work with anything higher than IE8. I have been asked to look into this and try to figure out a way to make them work again (the company is upgrading to IE11).

Unfortunately, the source code is not available; there are no code-behind that I can work on. And the controls are no longer supported.

One solution that I can think of is adding a new .aspx page and use inline code/javascript/code-behind to return the functionalities that are not working.

This is my question: is this feasible? Or are there any other ways that I can resolve this, short of replacing the application with a new one?

Anurag Sharma
Anurag Sharma

Total Post:40

Posted on    November-03-2014 6:44 AM

I ran into a similar problem a while ago and resolved it by decompiling the controls via a decompiler tool like .NET Reflector, making the necessary changes, recompiling and uploading back to the server.

Don't want to miss updates? Please click the below button!

Follow MindStick