forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / MS SQLSERVER Error -The media set has 2 media families but only 1 are provided. All members must be provided.

MS SQLSERVER Error -The media set has 2 media families but only 1 are provided. All members must be provided.

Anonymous User261115-Jun-2015
I am trying to restore a 200mb database into SQL 2008 and I am getting this error "The media set has 2 media families but only 1 are provided. All members must be provided.". I did some research and found out that this happens when two destination files was specified during the backup process. I obviously didn't specify two file destinations while I was backing up, but I am not sure with that coz most people say this happens by accident (facepalm). I did some more googling for possible solutions but all were pointing out that the only solution is to redo the backup process or find the other file, which are both not possible in my situation because the server has already been shutdown and I have already deleted all my files from that server (who knew my .bak file would fail?). But I really need to restore the database in my local machine for some data that we need for the remaining transactions that we have in our site before we shut it down.

Updated on 15-Jun-2015
I am a content writter !

Can you answer this question?

Answer

1 Answers

Liked By