forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / Stored Procedure doesn't exist, or does it?

Stored Procedure doesn't exist, or does it?

Anonymous User219604-Sep-2013

I have a db connection where I run stored procedures on. This same connection is used to create said stored procedures earlier on.

When I attempt to call a given stored procedure, later on, I get the following message:

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.yaf_prov_upgrade'.

The problem is it actually does exist on the database. And there's also the fact that it shows up on the SQL Server Profiler.

RPC:Completed exec [dbo].[yaf_prov_upgrade] @PreviousVersion=46,@NewVersion=46 .Net SqlClient Data Provider Nico Matrix\Nico

I was wondering what could be the causes a particular query would throw such an exception even when it exists, it's called, and the call reaches the database.

It can't be a problem with the connection because it already executed other stored procedures. It can't be a problem with the procedure because it does exist, in fact the very same application, the very same web page, created it and put it there.

Update: forgot to mention I'm used integrated security, and I did run the SP on the database with the same user the application connects with, and I had no problem running it.

So what can it be?

Updated on 04-Sep-2013
I am a content writter !

Can you answer this question?

Answer

1 Answers

Liked By