If you are planning to buy a digital blood pressure monitor, you should first learn how to use it at home. It is an essential tool that everyone should have in their home. Whether you have high blood pressure or low blood pressure, this device is essential for keeping an overview of your current blood pressure and making an informed decision about whether to see a doctor.
How do I take readings at home?
Arm Cuff: The arm cuff is an inflatable cuff that can be placed over the arm. It is inflated and the air is carried through the air tube. There is also an air connection at the end of the air tube.
4 Pencil Batteries: Power up your gadget. You can also use a power adapter. However, the adapter does not come with the box and must be purchased externally.
Body: The body consists of calibration and display.
Now let's move on to the actual step of measuring blood pressure.
Steps for using a digital blood pressure monitor at home
Using a digital blood pressure monitor is very easy. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Setting up the gadget
Setting up a digital blood pressure monitor is very easy. The battery must first be placed in the battery compartment. Supplied on the back, remove the cover and insert 4 batteries. On the left side of the body, there is a slot for attaching the cuff. There is a plug at one end of the rubber tube. Simply insert the socket firmly into this socket and the female sleeve will now connect through the air tube.
Step 2: Stand up straight
1. Make sure the air plug is firmly inserted into the body.
2. Remove the clothes near the upper left arm.
3. Sit on a chair with your feet on the floor. Place your left hand on the table so that the cuff is at heart level.
4. Firmly grasp the thumb of the cuff with your right hand.
Step 3: Attach the arm cuff
1. Put your left palm up.
2. Apply the cuff to the left forearm so that the blue stripe is on the inside of the arm and aligned with the middle finger. An air tube runs through the inside of the arm. The bottom of the cuff should be about 1/2 inch above the elbow.
3. Wrap the cuff tightly around the arm with a fabric closure.
Step 4: Read the lecture
Press the power button to turn on the device. When turned on, the air is pumped to the wrist. You should feel the air pressure above your hands. The number on the display also changes.
After the device calculates an accurate blood pressure reading, the air is slowly released from the inflated cuff. A place to give lectures. However, this lecture should be analyzed. The display of the home blood pressure monitor shows three numerical values.
Things to avoid before measuring:
Follow these recommendations for reliable measurements.
- Please do not eat, drink, smoke, exercise, or swim 30 minutes before the measurement. Rest for at least 15 minutes before taking measurements.
- Stress increases blood pressure. Avoid measurements when you are stressed.
- Measurements should be taken in a quiet place. Remove the tight clothes from your hands.
- Sit on a chair and place your feet on the floor. Place your hand on a table so that the cuff is at heart level.
- During the measurement, sit still and do not talk. Show your doctor your blood pressure and heart rate. It is not possible to accurately measure blood pressure with a single measurement. Several measurements must be taken and recorded over some time. For consistency, measure your blood pressure at the same time each day.