What is temporary file and how to delete temporary file from Windows 8, everything is explaining here.
Temporary files are stored on the hard drive. You can easily find these temporary files with the help of the.TMP extension. These temporary files are created by Windows. Temporary files are created when a Windows Session is terminated in an irregular way.
Temporary files can also be created when you turn off your system without losing your files. These temporary files can reduce the performance of the system. By deleting those unnecessary temporary files, you can increase disk space and the performance of your system. The Disk Cleanup utility will clean up unnecessary files on your system.
Delete using Windows Explorer:
To delete the files and folders using the Windows Explorer, follow these instructions for Windows XP systems:
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type %temp% in the search box
- Click OK or press Enter to open the Temp folder
- From the Tools menu, click Folder Options
- The Folder Options window should now appear
- Click the View tab
- Under Hidden files and folders, check the Show hidden files and folders checkbox
- Click OK
- Select all the files and folders you see in the Temp folder by pressing Ctrl + A
- Press Shift + Delete key to delete the selected files and folders. Or, you can right-click on the selected files and folders, click Delete. Then empty the Recycle Bin.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion