Chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts. Last year when I celebrated my birthday in Lisbon with my friends, tasted Lisbon's famous chocolate cake. Believe me, it was amazing. Then I decided to make this cake at my home. It was an amazing experience for me when I baked it. All of my family members were excited to taste it.
It is not too hard to make Lisbon Chocolate cake at home. You can easily make it like any other cake. Chocolate cake lovers can also try sans rival cake recipe.
Here is my simple Lisbon chocolate cake recipe. Please follow my instructions below to make it perfect.
For Chocolate cake
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cocoa powder
• 1tbsp baking soda
• 1½ tbsp baking powder
• Salt to taste
• 2 eggs
• 1½ cup whole milk
• 3/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1½ cup boiling water
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
• ½ cup butter
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 5 cups confectioners sugar
• ½ cup milk
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Making the chocolate cake
Take an oven, preheat it to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Now take two cake pans and spray oil on them (greasing them).
First, we have to make the cake. So use cake ingredients to make the Lisbon chocolate cake. Take a medium-size bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine all the ingredients well.
Now add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract to the mixture. Take an electric mixer and mix well with it to make a soft batter.
Pour the boiling water into the batter and combine well by hand to make a lump. Make a thin consistency of the lump. Pour it on the cake pans evenly.
Put the cake pans in the preheated oven. Bake for 32-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and cool down completely. Keep them aside.
Chocolate buttercream frosting
• Now it,s time to make the frosting. Use the frosting ingredients. Add melted butter to the cocoa powder and combine well. Add confectioners sugar and milk, mix with the help of an electric mixer machine. Make a light consistency. If it makes dry then add more milk.
• Pour the chocolate frosting on the top of the cake. Cool in a refrigerator then serve. The making process of the chocolate frosting is like a Chocolate Gravy recipe.
Tips: Add salt and sugar as per your taste. Use unsweetened cocoa powder to make the 'Lisbon chocolate cake'.
Read more article from Mindstick