During the adamant growth of artificial intelligence and the global pandemic side by side, it became nearly impossible for surgeons and doctors to examine each patient individually. On one hand, there is a risk of getting infected and on the other hand, the patient list is growing exponentially.
But we no more need to worry, because the surgery simulator is here to help! With the help of advanced
artificial intelligence techniques, software development in the healthcare sector, and innovation in the field of technology, it has become easy to operate virtually. This simulator is used for a variety of surgical procedures which are performed by advanced surgeons in operation theaters. It is also useful in training the surgeons without the use of a patient, animal, or cadaver. It constitutes of real-time images, identical controls of the original device, and probable problems that may occur during a real surgery
Some important surgeries that are performed by this simulator are laparoscopic surgery, Cataract surgery, and other ophthalmic procedures.
The development of virtual surgery is possible in coordination with the development of video games. It depicts similarities in several areas. Thus, when the popularity of video games started getting higher, the developers innovated more by integrating the processes in the healthcare sector.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Trainer-Virtual Reality (MIST-VR) - used to perform highly efficient laparoscopic surgery and train the doctors.
- da Vinci Surgery Simulator- also used for laparoscopic surgery.
- Trauma Center- a game based on solving the critical problems and puzzles that may occur during a real-time surgery.
- The EyeSi – another virtual reality simulator for intraocular surgery training.
- The HelpMeSee Eye Surgery- provides real-time application and training for Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery