An assembly is a collection of files (dll’s, exe’s), group of resources that help in creating a logical unit of functionality. It forms the basic building block for deployment, reusability and security issues.
- It provides a CLR environment.
- It helps in maintaining security as it grants grant or denial of permissions.
- When an application starts only assemblies the application initially calls must be present.
- Assemblies can be either static or dynamic.
- Assemblies help in resolving versioning issues.