The following validation controls are available in ASP.NET AJAX 4.0:
- FilteredTextBoxExtender - Enables you to apply filtering to a text box.
- MaskedEditExtender and MaskedEditValidator - Restricts a user to enter only a certain pattern of characters in the TextBox by applying a mask to the input.
- ValidatorCalloutExtender - Attaches to the ASP.NET validators so that the error messages are not displayed as a simple text but as a balloon-style ToolTip.
- NoBot - Prevents the spam/bot from filling the input forms automatically and uses the Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA), which is a type of challenge-response test to ensure that the response is not generated by the computer.
- PasswordStrengthExtender - Measures the strength of the password text entered within the text box by validating with the different strength specified parameters