1) URL routing system provides flexibility to the system and it also enables to define new URL mapping rules that can be used with web applications.
2) URL routing system is used to map the application and its routing information gets passed to right controller and action method.
3) URL routing system processes and executes the method to run the application without using many designed rules.
4) It is used to construct the outgoing URLs that can be used to handle the actions that have the ability to map both incoming and outgoing URLs that adds more flexibility to the application code.
5) It follows the rules to execute the application globally and handle the logic that is required for the application.