Home > DeveloperSection > Forums > How can I start remote debugging on a samsung galaxy tablet?
monica frank
monica frank

Total Post:10

Posted on    November-24-2015 3:26 AM

Android Android 

1 Reply(s)
 399  View(s)
Rate this:
I have a web app that I need to tweak for Chrome on a tablet. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab for testing. I'm trying to follow these famous instructions to use developer tools with Chrome for Android. I have downloaded and installed the Samsung USB driver from here, and it has sprayed 25 folders in C:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\USB Drivers. If there are further steps to identify and use the drivers in these folders, I haven't followed them.

My problem is that chrome:inspect is not finding my device. The device manager shows the device properly installed, but the driver tab says it's running a microsoft driver from 2006! All attempts to update the driver finish with "The best driver is already installed." I can browse the device in Windows explorer. What am I missing?

Chrome on my desktop: Version 36.0.1942.0 canary
Chrome on device: Version 34.0.1847.114
Galaxy Tab: GT-P7510
Android Version: 4.0.4

Mayank Tripathi
Mayank Tripathi

Total Post:397

Posted on    November-24-2015 4:47 AM

For me (developing on windows 8, visual studio 2013, xamarin 6, samsung S4 connected via USB ) chrome://inspect works, but only if I have adb running in the background. This was not mentioned in the documentation last time I checked.

Get android platform tools if you don't already have it. Then, from a command prompt in android-sdk/platform-tools > adb start-server.

You can do this as often as you like, and may need to do it every time you reconnect your phone, or wake your machine.

Don't want to miss updates? Please click the below button!

Follow MindStick