forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / Files struck in restoring status - SQL Server R2 2008

Files struck in restoring status - SQL Server R2 2008

Anonymous User 1992 26-Sep-2015
I recently failed over the databases via mirror and everything went smoothly. When it was time to do a differential backup, I got an error so I went to take a look. The error message is:

The backup of the file or filegroup "DB_Filegroup_Archive" is not permitted because it is not online. Container state: "Restoring" (8). Restore status: 8. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data. The backup of the file or filegroup "DB_Filegroup" is not permitted because it is not online. Container state: "Restoring" (8). Restore status: 8.

BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data. BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. Cannot open backup device 'J:\SQL Backups\DB\Differential\DB_Differential_Backup_201508241903.bak'. Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
Then I went to take a look at sys.database_files and the state_desc is RESTORING. I thought perhaps it was stuck so I attempted to cluster failover the database instance which fixed another issue (SQL Agent schedule not working), but this issue didn't get fixed.

This is what the error log states:

Filegroup DB_Filegroup_Archive in database DB is unavailable because it is Restoring. Restore or alter the filegroup to be available. Filegroup DB_Filegroup in database DB is unavailable because it is Restoring. Restore or alter the filegroup to be available.
I failed it back to the primary site and the files were ONLINE and great, but when it's on the secondary site, it's set back to RESTORING. I don't understand what's going on...

Updated on 26-Sep-2015
I am a content writter !

Can you answer this question?

Answer

0 Answers

Liked By