forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / TextBox Scrolling in Windows Phone App not working

TextBox Scrolling in Windows Phone App not working

Royce Roy 2423 14-Apr-2015
I have a page in a Windows Phone app. This page is rather "tall". For that reason, the entire page is wrapped in a ScrollViewer. Towards the bottom of the page is a TextBox. This TextBox is intended to be a multi-line TextBox with TextWrapping="Wrap". I need for the user to be able to scroll up-and-down within the TextBox to see the content they have typed. However, I am unable to scroll within the TextBox itself. Instead, when I attempt to scroll, the entire page scrolls. How do I remedy this? I tried adding ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" however, that does not seem to work either. Here is an exerpt of my XAML
<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="{StaticResource PhoneBackgroundBrush}">
  <Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
    <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
  </Grid.RowDefinitions>
  <StackPanel x:Name="TitlePanel" Grid.Row="0" Margin="12,17,0,28">
    <TextBlock x:Name="ApplicationTitle" Text="APPNAME" Style="{StaticResource PhoneTextNormalStyle}" />
    <TextBlock x:Name="PageTitle" Text="{Binding Path=PageTitle}" Margin="9,-7,0,0" Style="{StaticResource PhoneTextTitle1Style}"/>
  </StackPanel>
  <ScrollViewer Grid.Row="1">
    <Grid x:Name="ContentPanel" Margin="12,0,12,0">
      <TextBox x:Name="bodyTextBox" Text="{Binding Path=Body, Mode=TwoWay}" Height="145"  TextWrapping="Wrap" InputScope="Text" Grid.Row="6" MaxLength="1024" Margin="0,-8,0,0" />
    </Grid>
  </ScrollViewer>
</Grid>

Updated on 14-Apr-2015

Can you answer this question?

Answer

1 Answers

Liked By