forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / How to export selected data from my ASPx DevExpress gridview

How to export selected data from my ASPx DevExpress gridview

Mark Devid899809-Feb-2014

I need to export to XLS the selected row of my DevExpress GridView. When i try to export my grid, it creates an empty file. I think it is due to the callback that clear the data in my grid before exporting.

This is samples of my ASPx page.

The Load data button

<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Styles/Images/load.png" onclick="ImageButton1_Click" />

The gridview

<dx:ASPxGridView ID="grid" ClientInstanceName="grid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" KeyFieldName="car">

<Columns>

<dx:GridViewCommandColumn ShowSelectCheckbox="True" VisibleIndex="0" Caption="">

</dx:GridViewCommandColumn>

<dx:GridViewDataTextColumn Caption="Category" VisibleIndex="1" FieldName="category"

Name="category" GroupIndex="0" SortIndex="0" SortOrder="Ascending">

</dx:GridViewDataTextColumn>

<dx:GridViewDataTextColumn Caption="Car" VisibleIndex="2" FieldName="car" Name="car">

</dx:GridViewDataTextColumn>

</Columns>

<SettingsPager PageSize="100">

</SettingsPager>

<Settings ShowFooter="True" />

<GroupSummary>

<dx:ASPxSummaryItem FieldName="car" SummaryType="Count" />

</GroupSummary>

</dx:ASPxGridView>

The GridExporter

<dx:ASPxGridViewExporter ID="gridExport" runat="server" GridViewID="grid" ExportedRowType="Selected" />

The create file button

<dx:ASPxButton ID="createFile" runat="server" Text="Create File"      UseSubmitBehavior="False" OnClick="createFile_Click">

<Image Url="~/Styles/Images/save.png">

</Image>

</dx:ASPxButton>

Now the code behind.

When I click the load button, i create fake datas for my tests.

protected void ImageButton1_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)

{

CreateFakeData();

}

I create my datas in a DataTable Object. And then i bind my dataTable with my grid.

grid.DataSource = fakes;

grid.DataBind();

Everything seem to works great but when i click the export button, nothing is exported.

protected void createFile_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

gridExport.WriteXlsToResponse();

}

I followed the DevExpress tutoria to export selected rows in ASPl. But it seems that my page is refreshed so i loose the data binded with the grid before the export.

Updated on 09-Feb-2014

Can you answer this question?

Answer

1 Answers

Liked By