Users Pricing

forum

Home Forums How do I create a MessageBox in C#? – MindStick

How do I create a MessageBox in C#?

Anonymous User 2871 23 Sep 2013

I have just installed C# for the first time, and at first glance it appears to be very similar to VB6. I decided to start off by trying to make a 'Hello, World!' UI Edition.

I started in the Form Designer and made a button named "Click Me!" proceeded to double-click it and typed in

MessageBox("Hello, World!");

I received the following error:

MessageBox is a 'type' but used as a 'variable'

Fair enough, it seems in C# MessageBox is an Object. I tried the following

MessageBox a = new MessageBox("Hello, World!");

I received the following error: MessageBox does not contain a constructor that takes '1' arguments

Now I am stumped. Please help.


1 Answers

Markdown for AI

A clean, structured version of this page for AI assistants and LLMs.

Open .md