forum

Home / DeveloperSection / Forums / How to copy the data of mdf to another mdf file in sql server

How to copy the data of mdf to another mdf file in sql server

Anonymous User 4081 16-Jul-2013
Hi developers!

I am stucking on one place in sql server. We have more than 100 of databases(.mdf). I want to copy the updated data in mdf file to another location. Suppose First time have I have detach all databases from location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA and copy them to another location say C:\ and reattach the all original files(detach because of used by sql server). Now I have copy in C drive. I want a query or steps to copy the updated data from all databases from my original location to copied location (which is in c drive) regularly. I have googled about this and find the solution that stop your services first. But I can't do this because in my company 24 hours shift and regularly data updated. So there is no chance to do this. and also I have tested it with Batch file.

xcopy /y /d /r /s /e "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\TestAxle.mdf" "c:\TestAxle.mdf" 

But it showing the error message Sharing Voilation also tested with the below command:

copy /y "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\TestAxle.mdf" "c:\TestAxle.mdf" 

But its also showing the file is using by another process.

Please tell me how do I copy the updated data in mdf file regularly.

Thanks in Advance 

Updated on 17-Jul-2013
I am a content writter !

Can you answer this question?

Answer

1 Answers

Liked By