Users Pricing

forum

Home Forums How to regex to check to find out items with given character? – MindStick

How to regex to check to find out items with given character?

marcel ethan 2061 27 Jan 2015

I've a class

public class MyClass
        {
            public MyClass(int id, string name)
            {
                this.Id = id;
                //Id = id;
                this.Name = name;
            }
            public int Id { get; set; }
            public string Name { get; set; }
        }

I created a list of MyClass type and added few items to it

    List<MyClass> lst = new List<MyClass>();
    lst.Add(new MyClass(1, "Name1"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(2, "ab****cdefg"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(3, "he*llo"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(4, "pa**yed"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(5, "Names2"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(6, "hi******iiii"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(7, "so*me"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(8, "so**rt"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(9, "*"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(10, "**"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(11, "t*e*s*t"));
    lst.Add(new MyClass(12, "t**e**s**t"));

How can i find items having only one * in name field in a list and two ** in name field in another list. I'ld like to do it by linq or regex, any other good option is also invited. I tried using containsmethod but got all items having *.

var singlestar = lst.Where(x => x.Name.Contains("*")).ToList();


1 Answers

Markdown for AI

A clean, structured version of this page for AI assistants and LLMs.

Open .md