In this blog I am trying to explain how to change the password of database in Visual SourceSafe.
Every Visual SourceSafe database user must have a user name and a password so that database access can be controlled. When security for your database is established, the database administrator registers your user name and password. The administrator will set a temporary password for you and notify you when the database is ready to use. You can then use the procedure below to change the temporary password to a password of your choice.
To change the database password:
1. Log in to the database using the information provided by your database administrator.
2. In Visual SourceSafe Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Change Password.
3. In the Password dialog box, enter the temporary password provided by the database administrator in the Old password box.
4. Enter your new password in the new password box. Your password can be up to 15 characters long, and can contain any characters.
5. In the Verify box, re-enter the new password.
6. Click OK to register your new database password.