Delhi's Doctor Shares Advice On CoolSculpting vs Liposuction - Which One is Better For You?
Both the procedures of fat removal- CoolSculpting and Liposuction- are effective. These procedures have become a common phenomenon in Delhi as more and more people seem encouraged to have a slimmer waistline. But the confusion lies in deciding which one to choose? First, let’s get one thing cleared. The right and apt option can only be decided by doctors and fitness experts only after a physical consultation.
In order to choose which one is more appropriate, doctor’s recommend their patients to ask themselves the following questions-
- What exactly are my desired goals?- Looking for an overall change in the shape of the body or want specific parts of the body to be toned.
- How long does it take to fully recover after each procedure?- So that I have a quick recovery.
- Am I a good candidate for any of the procedures?- Medically, which procedure is suitable for me so that there are minimum risks and complications.
- Am I medically fit to undergo any of these procedures?- Will an underlying medical condition affect the procedure or the recovery?
In addition to this, doctors in Delhi also explain to the patients about both the procedures in detail so that they have a clear picture of what both of these procedures offer.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is another non-surgical treatment option of removing fat cells from the body to enhance the overall body contour. It is also referred to as cryolipolysis. In this procedure, the cosmetic surgeon freezes the fat cells which are further metabolized by the liver and expelled from the body.
People tend to opt more for this fat removal procedure as it does not involve any cuts or incisions. In 2012, the United States Food and Drug Administration gave its approval to use this technique for reducing fat from the body. If you choose to undergo CoolSculpting, you have to go for multiple sessions which can be tedious as well as expensive.
Procedure of CoolSculpting
In this procedure, the surgeons apply a gel pad and applicator to the skin to cool down the fat to freezing temperature. Followed by this, they gently massage the area to break the frozen fat cells. Within a couple of weeks, the body removes these dead fat cells via the liver.
Who Should Choose CoolSculpting?
People with the following criteria will be benefited from CoolSculpting-
- Suffers from mild to moderate fat accumulation
- Has fat deposits in specific parts of the body
- Keeps realistic expectation which means not any dramatic changes
- Has good skin laxity
Results of CoolSculpting
After CoolSculpting, the person is able to eliminate up to 25 percent of fat cells from the patient’s body. To see the best results, the patient has to go for repeated sessions over the next few weeks. Usually, it takes almost 3 months to fully experience the results of CoolSculpting.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the surgical procedure to remove fat cells from the body permanently. In Delhi, there are several aesthetic clinics where you can opt to undergo liposuction. Choosing the right doctor and clinic is of utmost importance before deciding to undergo liposuction in Delhi. With liposuction, a person is able to get rid of a large amount of fat.
This is majorly a one-time procedure that offers fast recovery as well as accurate results. Hence, this is a more cost-effective option to shed fat from the body.
Procedure of Liposuction
Here is step-by-step procedure of liposuction-
- Step 1- Sedating the patient
To begin the surgery, the patient is either given a general or local anesthesia to make sure there is no pain or discomfort.
- Step 2- Making small incisions
The doctor starts with the surgery by making several small incisions. Through this, a mixture of saline solution and an anesthetic is injected into the fatty area.
- Step 3- Inserting the probes
Depending on the type of technique the person has decided to undergo for liposuction, the doctor takes the following step. In VASER Liposuction ( a common type of liposuction in Delhi), the doctor inserts probes that emit ultrasound waves to break the fat cells.
- Step 4-Breaking the fat cells
The fat cells break due to heat or movement or the saline solution, depending on the type, into a liquid form.
- Step 5- Sucking out the fat and stitching the incisions
With the help of tubes or another cannula, the doctor sucks out the excessive fat. It is finished by closing the incisions with sutures or dissolvable glue.
Who Should Choose Liposuction?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons explains that liposuction is not suitable for every individual. People who fulfill the following criteria can only undergo liposuction-
- Individuals should maintain 30% of their ideal body weight
- Must have good skin elasticity which means their muscles are firm and toned
- Should be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle and are within their normal weight
- Should expect realistic results from the surgery
- Ready to follow to a healthy lifestyle even after the surgery to achieve the desired goals they have in their mind
- Neither smoke nor takes drugs
- Not suffering from any health conditions that can interfere with the recovery or cause severe side effects
- People who are not satisfied with the results of ayurvedic, allopathic, and non-surgical treatment for losing fat
Results of Liposuction
Depending on the amount of fat removed and type of liposuction, it can take almost 1-2 hours to complete liposuction. This is performed on an outpatient basis. Also, the person can resume activity the next day after proper rest. The results become evident within 4-6 weeks of surgery.
CoolSculpting and Liposuction- both are effective methods that can get rid of fat cells fast. Depending on the patient’s needs, goals and lifestyle, the doctor recommends the best choice for you after a thorough examination. Hence, it is important to visit the doctor physically so that you can explain to them vividly. There are several clinics in Delhi where you can opt for both coolsculpting and liposuction.