As most of us know, MP3 is the most commonly used format used to play media on devices and online. However, mp3 is a format where a lot of the original information and metadata stored in the original audio is lost in an attempt to compress the file size. This doesn’t necessarily mean the quality of the audio is significantly compromised; essentially only the information that we do not pick on anyway is what’s omitted.
The OGG audio file is a format that uses OggVorbis compression. The quality of OGG audios ranges from 16 to 128 kbps/channel, making it better in quality as compared to MP3 audio files. OGG audio files are compatible with devices such as Archos and Samsung, but not Apple. The primary purpose of OGG files is to compress audio files to use for streaming purposes; more suited to streaming speech-only audio as opposed to music.
If you would like to know how to convert your MP3 files to OGG, the following are some of the ways you can use.
Use any of the following online converters
One of the easiest, most hassle-free way that only requires an internet connection and whatever device you’re reading this on, is to use an online converter such as AnyConv.
1. Go to page
MP3 to OGG converter
2. Upload the mp3 file from your device; the maximum size of the file that can be uploaded is 50 Mb.
3. Click on “Convert”to start the conversion of your file
4. Download your OGG file once the conversion is complete
Another online and free source of converting your audio file to OGG is Convertio.co.
To convert your file using Convertio, all you have to do is complete the following steps
1. Upload the mp3 file from your device, Dropbox, Google Drive, or simply add the URL to it; the maximum file size allowed is 100 Mb. You can add more than 1 file as long as the collective size of the files does not exceed the 100 Mb limit.
2. Select the desired format you wish to convert your file to; in this case, select OGG
3. Once the file(s) has been uploaded, you can choose whether to download the file to your device or save it to your Dropbox or Google Drive.
4. Finally, click on “Convert” to start the conversion.
Another open-source converter you can use is mp3cutter.com, which provides a fast and easy interface to make the conversion process as simple as possible. All you must do to get your OGG file is:
1. Upload files from your computer or enter the URL to it. You have the option to upload more than one file.
2. Once the file is uploaded, you can select the desired format – OGG, and also choose the quality (bitrate) of the OGG file between constant and variable.
3. Finally, click on “Convert” for the process to begin, after which you will be able to download your file.
With the help of any of these handy and fast online converters, you should have yourself an OGG audio file in no time!