Do you want to split Oversized PST Files? Then this blog will help you to know easy ways to split Outlook PST files. Keep reading!!
If the size of the PST file exceeds the maximum file size limit, it can push you into situations of unfavourable data loss and broken data items. The greater the size of PST, the more Outlook users are worried about. So you need to follow some methods to keep the size of the Outlook PST file and track your system from running out of space. Now get to know about the reason for splitting the large-sized PST files.
Why Split Outlook PST File into Smaller Parts
- Due to the huge size of the PST file size, the performance and speed of MS Outlook begin to slow down.
- If the PST file is out of space or has very limited storage space, users are denied the possibility to save data items to the PST file.
- Users are unable to access a wide PST file when it reaches its permissible limit.
- For avoiding data loss.
In Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 PST file can be split into smaller files by three different techniques. Let's look at various ways of breaking large PST files.
You can also read How to split PST File without Outlook.
How to Split Oversized PST files Manually?
Method 1: Using Import/Export Wizard
Follow the below steps to split large PST file:
- Initially, start Microsoft Outlook.
- In the navigation bar hit on File >> Account Setting >> Select Account Setting.
- Next, a dialogue box opens up, then choose Data Files Tab and press the Add Button.
- By selecting Outlook Data File(.PST) press OK option to create a new PST file.
- Now, you can see a newly created Outlook data file within the Data files tab.
- Then Import/export the data to the newly created Outlook PST file from the existing PST file.
- Press on File then selects an Import option for the same. Import/Export wizard appears next.
- From there, after selecting the Export option and then press the Next button.
- Then choose the Outlook data file and again hit the Next button.
- In the next step, you need to select the folder items you want to export. If you also want to choose a subfolder, check the include subfolder option.
- Look for the location to export the selected data where you have the newly created PST file.
- At last, press the Finish button. After performing the above steps, you've successfully split the large-sized PST file.
Method 2: Reduce the size of Large PST Files by Move to Folder option
- You can also use the option Move to File to split PST files on a large scale.
- Follow the process step-by-step:
- Launch Outlook first.
- Hit on File tab >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Press on the Data Files option next and hit on the Add button to add a new PST file.
- Then go to Home and open your Outlook profile's default PST file and select the items you want to move to a new PST file that you've created in Step 3.
- Press the Move button from the ribbon and then select Copy to Folder option.
- By selecting PST files, you can move all the selected data items from the default PST file to the new one.
- Now, finally, to reduce the size of the PST file, you can remove the copied items from the default PST file.
Method 3: Use the Archive Wizard to split large PST files
- Initially, start MS Outlook then open File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items.
- Then select an Archive directory and Archive date for older items and press Browse to save the Archive file to the location you need.
- Using this method you can reduce the PST file size and save older data items to the desired location one by one within Outlook and use them if necessary.
All manual methods are cost-free to break up large PST files, but they involve some serious disadvantages that can cause users to think twice before using them. Therefore, we recommended that users use an alternative trusted utility, i.e. Split PST Software. Because it split Outlook pst file securely and works very quickly as well. You can quickly split outlook pst file into smaller parts.
In this blog, we have given a proper approach to Split Oversized PST files. There are several manual methods listed above, but an alternative approach is also proposed to easily divide large PST files without wasting any time. It is therefore recommended that a third-party utility can be used for better results.