Yahoo is famous to offer the best email services. Yahoo has a massive fan base across the globe. This email platform has something for everyone. It is also updating its features list and the latest addition is the account key. Account key allows users to access their accounts with one tap. It is a harmless and safe way rather than using the same old password. Yahoo sends a notification to your chosen cell phone. You can approve access with a tap on your telephone, so nobody else can get into your account.
However, if you're using dual devices and Yahoo applications, you can pick where the notification will be sent. Furthermore, you can turn off or disable the Account Key and turn back to a password, if you want. This will also helpful in the Yahoo account recovery process.
Account Key increases security by sending a quick code to your mobile phone instead of using a password to access the account. This guide will highlight the errors which fixed with the Yahoo account key.
- Turn off Account Key
If you are not comfortable with the new account key feature of Yahoo and want to go back to using a password. You can disable the Account key.
- Use two-step verification
Two-step verification can’t be used with Account Key. In case, you want to return to using a password, you can deactivate Account Key and enable two-step verification.
- Not receiving an Account Key
Turn on notifications - Allow notifications in the Yahoo Mail app and from your mobile device.
Request alternative notification - Tap Resend on the Yahoo page to make a new notification.
Even after applying the above steps still not getting an Account Key, follow the below-given steps:
- Browse to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- Type your email address, then hit on Next.
- Tap on “Use text or email to sign in” or “Try another way to sign in”
- Type the absent digits of your phone number, now tap on Submit.
- In case you have access to the phone, Tap on Yes, text me a verification code.
- Don't have access? You'll get the option to confirm your alternative email address in its place.
- Type a verification code to approve.
- Tap on Continue to enter your account.
- Can't sign in because of 'Uh-oh' error message
You'll have to hold your fire for 24 hours before trying to sign in since you surpassed the number of text messages permissible per day. After, 24 hours, sign in with the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone.
- Set up a new device or number to get the Account Key
Set up a new phone using the below steps:
- Install the Yahoo Mail app.
- Open the application and click on Sign in.
- From the sign-in page, type your username and click on Continue.
- See the notification sent to your old phone.
- Now from your new phone, confirm the code and tick on Sign in.
Above are the simple few issues which users encountered while using the Account key. In case you have faced issues out of the bowl, you can contact the Yahoo representative.