When your WiFi is connected but no internet is there, you need to troubleshoot both router and your device.
Unfortunately, there’s no single thing to diagnose-why WiFi has no internet access on your device like computer, mobile, or iPad. That implies, you need to focus on each connected device and factor triggering connected to WiFi, but no internet.
So, let’s continue reading the post and resolve the Wifi connected, No internet error!
Why do I see Internet-connected but no Internet access is there?
If you are not able to connect to internet after several trials then you need to refer,
Netgear router won’t connect to internet.
And if you are connected to the internet but internet not working then check out the following list of causes for WiFi connected no internet access that you need to diagnose on your device and router for further right resolution.
Outdated Network Driver
Your network keeps updating with the time for security reason. And, if you forget or ignore to update the concerned network driver, you’ll see no Internet error message on device even though connected to wireless router.
Conflicting IP address
Can you access wifi through computer but sees no internet message on iPad and iPhone or vice-versa?
If that’s a YES, it implies- those two devices have same IP address that allows wifi to connect but not access Internet.
Incompatible Wireless mode
Every router has a wireless mode that bears networking speed and coverage. These mode values look like 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11b, or 802.11ac.
Out of these standards, 802.11b is the oldest and 802.11ac is the latest. So, if you own a quite old router and the device display internet connected, no internet access message then, surely the standard set is incompatible.
Corrupt DNS Cache
What all is accessed via Internet, it gets stored in the cache called DNS cache. And, if by any case, those temporary files get corrupt- you will see prompt message of No internet error, even though internet is connected.
To find what value is set or fix other causes of device connected but no internet access, keep reading!!
Steps to fix Wifi connected but no Internet access error message
One good way to resolve wifi no internet error message is RESTART. It may sound silly but don’t try other methods unless you did this!
- Disconnect your device from router and restart it. Likewise, turn off your router and modem for 30 seconds.
- Now, turn on modem, router and allow them to reboot properly. Refer:
If seeing orange light on router
fix it first and Do not touch any of the devices unless you see all LED lightning solid green.
In case, you still see wifi connected but not working error on screen, execute the following steps:
- Connect your wireless router to computer and open Control panel to access Internet drivers under device manager.
- Right-click on the network drivers to choose Update option and allow the process to complete.
Now, reconnect your device to wifi and see if you can access Internet.
In case, the error message no wifi access still appears on screen, stay tuned for more solution!
- Open command prompt and type ipconfig/flushdns in the black window to clear all corrupt DNS cache.
However, if you can access Internet on one device but not on other two then, open
CMD on any one of the devices with no internet access.
- Next, type ipconfig/release in the window to clear the conflicting IP stored on device.
In case, there's no cmd then:
- Choose your Network from the device settings and open its PROPERTIES.
- Select IPv4 option from the list and select option with Automatic address detection.
- Change router setting : check if all router security setting are correct or not.
For this, Open routerlogin.net
login page with correct credentials.
Go to “Advanced’ tap, On the left panel click wireless option.
Select Security options and select WPA2.
Save all changes.
This will surely resolve wifi connected but no internet error message.
Are you still bothered by any of the following messages?
Then, continue with the further solution on list.
- iPhone connected to wifi but no internet
- Mac connected to wifi but no internet
- iPad connected to wifi but no internet
- Wifi connected no internet android
- Wifi says connected but no internet
- Open command prompt, type ipconfig on window and find the IP address.
- Next, select your router's name from Network window and open its Details to know the router's IP.
- In the next step, using that IP address login your router window from any browser.
- Go to wireless settings and check the mode value assigned. In case, it's incompatible to your router, change it so, you can access Internet over the device.
For error still not resolving, see the instructions and learn how to resolve
Wifi connected but no Internet access