After a long and tiring day at work, all that one need at home is comfortable sleep. It is time to hit the bed after having dinner. One can enjoy peaceful and sound sleep only when he/she chooses the right type of mattress.
Types of mattress
There are different varieties of mattresses available today and one can choose that suits him/her the best. Some of these are:
1. Memory foam mattress: this mattress is ideal for those who sleep on side. This mattress acquires the body shape according to the sleeper. It gives adequate support to the hip and shoulder of the especially to those who sleep on side.
2. Gel mattress: the gel mattresses have a layer of gel added between the mattress and the upper covering fabric layer. These mattresses are effective in de-materializing the body heat of the sleeper.
3. Pillow top mattresses: these mattresses have an additional soft spongy layer with the mattresses. The amount of sponge can be decided as per the choice of the individual. The soft spongy foam acquires the body shape of the person sleeping on the mattress thus giving him much relief.
4. Innerspring mattress: the innerspring mattresses have springs within them. They generally come in the form of a coil mattress. The number of coils in the mattress can help to determine the quality and type of innerspring mattress. This type of mattress is ideal for those who sleep on back or on tummy side.
Cleaning the mattress
The right choice of mattress can give adequate sleep. However, its longevity depends on its care and the health of the sleeper depends on its cleanliness. Therefore, for the long life of the mattress and protecting the individual from allergies caused by a dirty mattress, it becomes essential to clean them. The mattress cleaning can be done in the following form:
1. Cleaning the mattress covers and bed linens thoroughly: the bed linens that are over the mattresses and the covers that are used to provide a shield to mattresses need to be cleaned effectively and thoroughly. They can be cleaned using detergents that provide extra cleaning. For best washing, their wash care instructions must be checked.
2. Vacuuming the mattress: it is not possible to wash the mattress like bed linens. But they can be cleaned by a vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner helps to remove the dust particles and germ particles that the mattress may attract over a period of time.
3. Cleaning the spot on the mattress: the mattresses may get some spots due to spillage and regular use. They can be cleaned using appropriate cleaning solutions. One needs to be patient while treating the spots on the mattress as they may not go in one go. So, they need to be cleaned on some intervals to make them spot-free.
4. Deodorizing the mattress: the mattresses are also prone to become stinky and smelly due to regular use. they can be made smell free by simply sprinkling some baking soda and leaving it for 24 hours. If there is a possibility to keep the mattress under the sunlight, it acts as better deodorizer. Otherwise, the window can be opened.
5. Vacuum the mattress one more time: after 24 hours of baking soda treatment, the soda needs to be removed with the vacuum cleaner.
Overall, a correct mattress gives a nice sleep and a clean mattress gives a healthy body along with good sleep.