Cortana is one of the most sophisticated virtual assistant created and designed by Microsoft Corporation. It is compatible in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Invoke smart speaker, Microsoft Band, Xbox One, iOS, Android, Windows Mixed Reality, and it will be soon provided in Alexa too.
Cortana stands ahead when compared to other virtual assistants, as it is available in different languages of which there is a large number of the user of this technology and now with the Windows creators update it has gone to a whole new different level.
Apart from being compatible in the different language, it comes with a do not disturb feature which enables the user to stay away from any sort of notification at times you are operating your device.
It stores all the personal information provided by the user such as data, personal interests, location data, reminders, and contact in a notebook.
What’s new in the latest update?
As per our expectation that Windows 10 update will come up with lot more features there are so many changes and upgrades done in the new update. With the Windows creators update, there are so many updates being done in Cortana too.
Here is the list of features through which Cortana has been made more advanced:-
- Now you can control give more commands and instruction with your voice such as turn off, restart, or lock your pc, put your Windows 10 PC into sleep mode, to raise and lower your PC volume, for audio playback controls on Windows 10 apps such as iHeartRadio, NPR One, Audiobooks from Audible.
- Cortana can now even detect a song that is been played somewhere if you ask her she will tell the name of the song along with the name of the artist.
- Microsoft in this update has provided the capability for the application developer to add up virtual assistant (Cortana) to command and give an instruction which is required for developing an application on windows 10. You can see a list of application which could be commanded by Cortana.
- The reminder feature in Cortana has also been enhanced in the creator's update. Now you can set recurring reminders and can repeat it for a week, month, year for the reminders of things taking places in your daily life such as birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, meetings etc.
- Now you can even unlock your pc with your handset with Cortana if you are using a Windows phone cool but you don’t need to worry if you are iOS or Android device user because you can easily download Cortana from google play store or iTunes.
- Notification sync is another advance feature given which will never let you miss any notification as you can sync your notification on your phone as well as on your pc. To activate this feature you can simply go Cortana setting and register your device as a trusted user.
You must read this: Cortana