Search engine optimization is an optimizing a website for Google search engines.
Developing a web to rank in Google search engine results.
Improving the volume of traffic to a website.
Promoting by understanding how Google algorithms work, and what user might search.
SEO is a subset of search engine marketing. SEO is also referred as SEO copyrighting,
How Search Engine Works
Search engines perform multiple activities in order to provide search results.
- Crawling - Process of fetching all the web pages linked to a website.
- Indexing - Process of creating the index for all the fetched web pages and saved in a database from where it can later be retrieved.
- Processing - When a search request comes, the search engine processes it, i.e. it compares the search string in the user search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- Calculating Relevancy - It is likely that more than one page contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results - The last step in search engine activities is retrieving the best-matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the browser.
What is SEO Copywriting
SEO Copywriting is the technique of writing viewable text on a web page in such a way that it reads well for the surfer, and also targets specific search terms. Its purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms.