Generally, the home's WiFi entirely depends on a router that transmits the signals to make it easier to connect to the internet. But almost every router has a limited WiFi range.
As the outcome, it becomes tricky to access the internet in every corner if you live in a big home or an apartment. That's where the Netgear WiFi range extenders come in. Once done with the Netgear extender setup, it boosts the router's signal to reach even the dead zones or remote areas of your house.
Don't know how to set up a Netgear WiFi Extender? No need to worry! We are here to help you. In this post, we will walk you through the step-by-step guide to set up and install your wireless extender. Here we go.
Set up Your Netgear Extender
Netgear extenders are very easy to set up. But the hardest part is choosing a place to locate your WiFi booster. And placement is the most important part of the setup process.
It is recommended to place your extender in the same room as that of the router. Also, make sure that the area where you put your wireless repeater is neat and clean.
Once done with the placement, follow the instructions given underneath:
1. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
2. Connect it to an existing WiFi network.
3. Switch on your computer or laptop.
4. Pull up a web browser and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
5. A login page will open. It will prompt you to input the username and password.
6. Choose the WiFi network you wish to extend.
7. Click on the next button.
8. Enter the password for connecting to the network.
Now, your extender has been set up. Connect all your WiFi devices to the new extended wireless network and click on the continue button.
You can now unplug the extender and place it to a new location where you want. Use the router link LED to select the best spot for your device. Thereafter, you will need to reconnect your PC and other WiFi devices to the new extended network.
Having Issues During Setup?
Did you face any issue while setting up your extender? Well, most of the users do! The issue is they are unable to access mywifiext. Let us tell you that it is the default web address provided by Netgear to make the setup process easier than ever for its users. However, it is just a local web address instead of a standard website on the internet. Due to this, users experience issues with it.
Mostly, when someone tries to access this web address, an error message pops up saying 'the website can't be reached'. If you are also facing the same issue, consider the following troubleshooting tips to fix this issue:
1. Double-check the entered web address. Possibilities are that you mistyped the web address or you entered it into the search bar rather than the address bar. So check this once and try again.
2. Verify whether you are connected to an internet connection or not. Don't use the WiFi connection or neighboring networks to access the login page for your extender.
3. Check your internet speed once via the speed test.
4. Try using an Ethernet cable to connect your extender to the existing network.
5. Maybe your extender is not getting enough power supply. Restart the extender once and see if there is the power LED light on it.
6. Keep your WiFi booster away from interference-creating devices such as walls, corners, electrical appliances, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
7. Update the version of the web browser you are using. Perhaps it is running on an older version which is incompatible with mywifiext.net.
In this way, you can get rid of this issue while setting up your extender. If you are facing any other issue rather than this, let us know in the comments box below. We will reach out to you with a possible solution very soon.