Alcohol is not considered very healthy during pregnancy. Doctors do not recommend it both for the mother and the child too. Drinking alcohol at any time during pregnancy can cause serious health problems for your baby. The main reason why doctors do not recommend Alcohol while pregnant is because Alcohol includes wine, wine coolers, beer and liquor. And when you drink alcohol during pregnancy, the alcohol in your blood quickly passes through the placenta and the umbilical cord to your baby. And so drinking any amount of alcohol at any time during pregnancy can harm your baby’s developing brain and other organs. No amount of alcohol has been proven safe at any time during pregnancy. And this is said by most of the doctors for a woman who is pregnant.
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy increases your baby's chances of having these problems. How does drinking alcohol during pregnancy affect your baby's health?
1. First and foremost you have to remember that there is no safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Alcohol can cause problems for your baby any time during pregnancy, even before you know that you’re pregnant.
2. Alcohol is not recommended because it is said to cause premature birth. This is when your baby is born before 37 weeks of pregnancy. Premature babies may have serious health problems at birth and later in life and so it is suggested that you should avoid alcohol during pregnancy. Not only is that it also recommended that you should also avoid Alcohol after pregnancy immediately.
3. Thirdly it is also said to cause Brain damage and problems with growth and development. Birth defects, like heart defects, hearing problems or vision problems. Birth defects are health conditions that are present at birth. Birth
4. Not just these, but also they cause defects change the shape or function of one or more parts of the body. They can cause problems in overall health, how the body develops, or in how the body works. So being a sensible mother you are suppose to consult your doctor and see what he or she has to say and follow their advise especially during pregnancy.
5. But now you must be thinking that How can you keep your baby safe from alcohol during pregnancy? If you don’t drink alcohol during pregnancy, your baby can’t have FASDs or any other health problems caused by alcohol. If you're pregnant or even thinking about getting pregnant, don’t drink alcohol that is the simple advice.
6. Also some women may drink alcohol during pregnancy and have babies who seem healthy. Some women may have very little alcohol during pregnancy and have babies with serious health conditions.
7. For that you have to remember that every pregnancy is different. Alcohol may hurt one baby more than another. The best way to keep your baby safe from problems caused by alcohol during pregnancy is not to drink alcohol when you’re pregnant.
So basically if you’re pregnant, trying to get pregnant or think you may be pregnant, don’t drink alcohol. You can talk to your doctors and ask them to prescribe you the right ways and the do’s and don’ts during pregnancy.