The ways of doing business have changed. People no longer want to go out shopping but would rather shop on their computers and mobile phones. No wonder why there is an increased shift toward e-commerce. Most businesses under B2B have shifted to e-commerce so they can enjoy a wide customer base, especially across borders. This is possible through the use of a B2B e-commerce platform, which we will discuss in this article.
Such a solution is a game changer for an existing B2B and the best decision for one that is about to launch. Luckily, many are available on the web today and all you need to do is choose one that will benefit your business.
For starters, it might be an uphill task to choose the best B2B e-commerce platform to launch your business unless you have the help of a guide like this one. Read through it to learn more.
What is a B2B eCommerce Platform?
A B2B e-commerce platform is a dynamic package designed to manage online businesses that sell products and services to other businesses. Hence, it serves wholesale businesses, although the clients can buy one or a few products depending on the marketplace guidelines.
Some of the best e-commerce platforms for B2B are designed using ASP.NET architecture provided by Microsoft and integrated with other service providers all over the world. This is a big hint for those who are looking for the best B2B e-commerce platform to use for their online business. But don’t worry as we will share more insights to ensure that you choose the best.
What Features Should You Consider?
Features will definitely guide you when choosing a B2B e-commerce platform. Whether you’re looking for a solution for a new B2B or one that will take over your existing business, these features should be available for it to succeed. The bottom line is to get a B2B marketplace that boosts sales and helps the business scale up. Here are the most popular features to look for.
· Headless e-commerce engine – One of the greatest features to consider when choosing a B2B e-commerce platform is a headless e-commerce approach. Because B2Bs are large businesses, the entrepreneur should aim at delegating all back-of-the-office tasks to an e-commerce platform and then focus on products development and dealing with customers.
· Multivendor commutativity – A successful platform that is looking to serve modern businesses should not miss this capability. This is what allows entrepreneurs to edit their individual business pages on the marketplace and manage how they look. This includes adding new products and editing the description of the existing ones whenever they want.
· Marketing tools – Digital marketing strategies keep getting easier and more productive. So, a B2B e-commerce platform cannot afford to miss self-service marketing capabilities for entrepreneurs to utilize and gain a competitive advantage. They include social media integrations, SEO tools, and others.
· Secure payment solutions – Every B2B that launches on a popular e-commerce marketplace aims at selling numerous products every day. And they expect all payments to be processed in real-time by the platform they choose. This is 100% a back-end task fulfilled by the platform through a secure third-party financial institution. So, make sure it is secure, accurate, and transparent.
· Data analysis and reporting – What is a business without data to guide properly informed decision-making? If your B2B has decided to use an ASP.NET platform, ensure that it has elaborate data collection, analysis, and reporting capability. This should include inventory management to ensure that clients do not miss important products.
· Appropriate integration – The most reputable B2B e-commerce platforms in the world endeavor to make integrations that improve services. It could be as simple as a calendar or bulk file upload and download, but rest assured that this is what you need most.
What Are the Best B2B eCommerce Platforms on the Market?
Most of the B2B eCommerce Platforms we will share here have the above features and more. Any seasoned B2B consultant will not hesitate to recommend any of them. However, this is not an exhaustive list but just a list of examples.
· Virto Commerce – Currently, Virto Commerce commands respect in the world of B2B e-commerce Platforms. It has a well-defined marketplace where you can launch your business and expect to make sales within a short time. You can comfortably make use of the features and the self-service packages offered by Virto Commerce to gain a complete advantage in the e-commerce sector. It uses the ASP.NET architecture, which means an opportunity to scale your business up.
· Biocommerce – This is another ASP.NET platform designed to promote business growth, integrate with reputable marketplaces, and provide all necessary tools to perform business. You can use it for B2B and B2C and expect incredible results.
· NopCommerce – If you are looking for an effective Virto Commerce alternative, look no further. NopCommerce is quite effective, especially with its headless commerce and secure payment solutions. It is suitable for both B2B and B2C as well. Likewise, the B2B e-commerce platform is .NET-based.
What Are the Benefits of a B2B eCommerce Platform?
The benefits that come with a reputable B2B eCommerce Platform are amazing. First, the modern ones are coming out with self-service capabilities through simplified processes so that businesses can save operational costs. But what matters most is the competitive edge your B2B will achieve by utilizing all the provided tools such as marketing tools, multivendor capability, product search and filters, and many others.
Another major benefit of these platforms is the integration with a thriving market. Whether the platform is a successful shopping cart or integrates with a big shopping website, this benefit is what every online business in the world is looking for.
Lastly, let's mention making more sales and saving operational costs. This means making more profit even when the business is relatively new. All you need to do is ensure that your warehouse is ready with all the goods you offer or be ready to provide the services you have listed on your business.
Ultimately, a B2B eCommerce Platform is what you need to succeed in eCommerce. And the good thing is, the modern solutions are quite effective and affordable. For instance, you can pay for an entire e-commerce solution or customize and pay for individual services on the platform. Therefore, take your time to look for the best platform to use for your business.