When you formulate your business from the scratch, plan everything bit by bit and use techniques to improve your business, then Business Listing cannot be ignored. It means to list your business on the best business listing sites and gain visibility from there. This visibility, in turn, helps to drive the traffic, revenue, and customers to your business.
If you’re scrolling the internet and suddenly you notice a business listing pop up with no relevant information, images, or reviews about the business, would you trust it? No! That’s why social media researchers suggest that business listing should be done with genuine sites that list your business in the top-most priority and improve its visibility. They boost your online presence and updated listing with reviews, information, etc. could help in turning the traffic to potential leads.
The only key is to look out for the business listing sites that your target audience use, and keep your listing up-to-date.
Here are a few techniques that have been jotted down to save your time in finding business listing sites:
- List your business on genuine sites that make the most sense to you.
- Also, keep in mind the sites that can give you the most visibility.
- Don’t forget some hyper-local sites as well, because gaining local visibility is also essential.
- Use SEO tools to help you optimize this process.
- Give a few days for your request to be approved, after that, you can begin managing your listing.
After verification, your page will be published on their site, though it may take a few days too.
Optimize business listing for Local SEO:
A business listing becomes trustworthy by as much info as it provides. So, before listing, make sure it has all the relevant info that is required for the customer to see. There are a few SEO steps to optimize your listing after it has been done:
1. Contact info should be up-to-date: ensure that your business hours, directions to reach there, and the address and contact number should be up to date. Then only the searches will turn into leads. By including your address, you generate a map pin on the listing sites providing directions to your business. And by putting your contact number, the prospects can directly call you.
2. Relevant data should be included: Apart from all this, relevant data like your website’s name, SEO- optimized description of what your business offers, social handles, and important photos should be there. It makes the info interesting, reliable, and easy. It will also help in improving your ranking.
3. Creation of Smart Campaigns: Google’s Smart Campaigns could be used to create ads in Google. Through smart campaigns, Google takes care of your needs to generate keywords, geo-targeting, bidding, and others. These campaigns include headlines, descriptions, site links, map pins, and contact numbers so that when someone searches for the keyword related to your business, he can easily find you.
4. Optimizing for Voice Search and Photos: use well-relevant images that are directly about your business in your business listing. Also, these days people are turning towards the ‘voice search’ feature. So, make sure to optimize your listing according to them. They are easy and provide longer keyword searches. As you must be knowing, most of these voice searches are in the form of questions, so, try to think of possible answers related to your business.
Optimize Business Listing for National/Global Customers:
It is as important to try to pop up in global reach, as to be present in local reach. You never know what may land your lap. Thus, there are a few steps for the same:
1. Reply to the reviews: as you may have seen, all big companies make sure to reply to whatever positive or negative feedback the users leave. This increases their responsiveness, credibility, and trust. It increases your engagement with potential consumers and makes your brand a human. You may offer an apology for the bad experience, a replacement/refund for broken issues, and compensation for bad service.
2. Use Google Trends: by this feature, you can look for what is trending globally, thus, devising your listing around it. Google Trends could be used to look for geo-targeted keywords and trending searches.
3. Creation of Quality Landing pages: they are the ultimate part of your listing. Whatever your audience clicks or sees, they will land on your website after clicking that link. Your landing pages could be inserted in your Smart Campaigns too or your home page could be your landing page. The essentials for landing pages are keywords, testimonials, rich-quality images, and a contact form. Try to be apt and brief to inform about your business.
Business listings have emerged to be pretty simple, free, and easy way to let your business grow. They target the right audience for your business.
Just be updated and relevant with what the potential leads are searching for and try to engage with them through reviews and feedbacks. This will help you retain your customers, create new ones ultimately leading to establish your brand.