Web hosting business is itself a huge task and it is expected to be thrilled to even think of starting a web hosting business. The web hosting companies provide essential services to the customers from powering the internet with the help of dedicated servers to ensuring excellent safety of the customer’s data.
Beginning a web hosting business might seem daunting but following the right steps will ensure better functioning of your business. Here are the ten major steps you can consider when starting a web hosting business.
1 Start with defining your web hosting brand
There are vast options available for having a web hosting company and every other in the market has a particular niche. The most preferred niches are small business hosting, green energy web hosts, and DDOS protected servers but there are other niches also. It is completely up to you to choose your niche.
To define your web hosting brand, you need to know the following-
- What will be the name of your web hosting company and you need a unique domain name.
- Who will be the target audience for your website.
- What are your business goals and USPs?
- Will you offer shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting or reseller hosting.
2. Decide a domain name and build your website
Once you decide the name of your brand, it's time to decide a unique domain name. Find a domain name which is similar to your website or choose one that exactly shows what your web hosting company stands for. You can get domain from GoDaddy or similar applications. Also, make sure that your website is visible in various search engines including Google.
3. Create a buzz
Creating a buzz is one excellent way to grab people's attention. You can share your website initials on different social media platforms with captions like ‘coming soon’ or ‘ Will be live’. This will help you to position your website in front of people with much excitement.
4. Try finding a dedicated server partner
The very important part of starting a hosting business is finding the right server partner. If you somehow end up choosing the wrong data server, it could shut down your business. So, do not find the cheapest server, instead look for an efficient partner. Consider these features while choosing a partner.
- Have a huge reputation in the market.
- Great value for the prices.
- Provide 24*7 support incase of hardware failure.
- Fast dedicated servers and well-preparation.
- Common DDoS attack protection.
5. Find web hosting clients
After you decide your brand name and choose a dedicated partner, the next step is to find clients for your web hosting company.It is always suggested to go first with your friends and relatives, boost your sales and provide excellent service. You can choose which client demands personalized service and which one is valuable f0r your business. You can also use digital marketing and platforms like facebooks ads, Google Adwords and other website advertisements. Also, local prints, newspapers and magazines could be used as a good platform for publicity and advertising.
6. Go for competitor analysis
Competitor analysis is the most important aspect to consider when you start your own web hosting business.
- You can start checking your competitors and analysing what services they offer, what makes them preferable and what you offer apart from their services i.e what you specialize in.
- Identify the loose ends of your competitors and produce them into your business which would be a plus in your sales.
- Add additional solutions in your hosting plans and have best performance.
- Review the promotional activities of your competitors, note them and learn how to do better in your niche.
7. Analyse your white label support
You must analyse your website for white label support. You must check 100% white labeling for your website and analyse all other essential elements supporting your needs. The hosting providers should use anonymous domain names for the hostname of your website. When your website has white label support, the users cannot see the hosting providers name and will rely on you for your individuality which will grow a better client base for you.
8. Include multiple and secure payment gateways
While trusting your company, the very first thing a client expects is the security of payments. Having a security payments gateway surely improves your company’s reputation. You can offer various payment methods like credit card, debit card , paytm and other methods but make sure that every penny is safe and secure. Try including payment options that are easy for the customers and they could pay easily without indulging in multiple procedures.
9. Add trust seals to your website
Adding trust seals to your website will ultimately benefit you as it shows that your website is verified and active with permissions from certified organizations. You can add BBB accredited company seal, PayPal seal, PCI company seal or McAfee which will show that your company has already passed major e-c0mmerce requirements. This will build trust between your company and the customers.
Starting a business is only the first step, you need to expand your business as much as you can. When you have an excellent client base, do not lower your services instead serve better everyday. Try to discuss your business policies and updates with people and be transparent with your clients. Focus on things that can help in productivity and take hard steps when needed.
There are various web hosting services offering QuickBooks hosting, small business hosting or working for other niches. But something that is common in each of them is dedication which is much considerable while having their own business. Yes, starting a web hosting company is tough but everything is possible with the right steps and is appreciated when done successfully.