Speed is important for any website, it can make or break your website. That is the reason that marketers, web developers, and IT departments pay attention to website speed testing tools. The overall success of your website visit increases depends on the webpage loading as well. Website page speed has a great influence on the performance from any angle right from user experience to search engine optimization. On average, most of the website users will wait for about a few seconds for a web page to be loaded before they move forward.
SEO company in Gurgaon can guide you with various tools that could speed up your website.
As website speed is very important for the online business to sustain, here we list few free website speed test tools. These tools keep changing and updating as well.
GTmetrix is on the top of the free website test tools. This tool is extremely straightforward. You just need to place your URL in the designated place and hit the Analyse button. The strengths of this tool include:
- The interface of this tool is user-friendly. It has an easy to navigate UX design and produces trust among the users.
- You will get the page speed numbers with a context. The fully loaded time gets compared with the overall internet average. At times, you will get to know that you are doing comparative to the rest of the internet.
- GTmetrix provides a Pro level upgrade that provides you with access to monitoring, page settings, and alerts. This test comes free and you will be able to download the data. As this tool is a user-friendly one, it has become of the best page speed tools.
WebPageTest tool is one of the most trusted and reliable speed testing tools of today. The main strengths of this tool are:
- You can create custom settings for each WebPageTest run that they initiate.
- This tool can be configured to make use of many varieties of locations and different web browser options. There could be a possibility that your website might run slow on Google Chrome but fast on Firefox. In such cases, WebPageTest will intimate you with the same.
- You can also make use of WebPageTest to perform many runs. This can help you to find out that your website page speed performs consistently.
- WebPageTest tool is both free and open-source, meaning that it is not flashy. Its results and diagnostics are not very user-friendly. However, the data is accurate. If you are aware of what you are doing, this tool could provide you with a wealth of information to consider.
3) Google Page Speed Insights
Yet another website speed test tool, Google Page Speed Insights does not provide a lot of data in comparison to the other tools. But it has the following benefits to users:
- The result from Google might matter more than other tool’s results. This is because Google creates the search rankings where you will be trying to gain grip. If a Google tool finds an issue with your website performance, then that data needs to be dealt with.
- This tool is easy to use. Type in your website address, wait for a few seconds and you could get results in both desktop and mobile versions of your website. The results are color-coded nicely so that you could know whether your website performs well or not.
- This tool is best known as Google evaluates your webpage speed in case you want to rank highly on their search platform.
Pingdom provides you with a mix of options and simplicity. You just need to enter your URL to test the load time of that page, analyze it and find the bottlenecks. The main strengths of this tool are:
- Pingdom allows you to test your webpage speed from any testing location. You could choose the testing location for your website’s geographic user base.
- The results generated out of this tool are easy to read. It provides a letter grade breakdown of performance insights that provides you with a specific list of issues that you can sort it out.
- The waterfall method it adopts is one of the easier to read among webpage speed testing tools. The data is broken down in a way that makes it easier to dig deeper.
- Pingdom is a deep webpage speed testing tool. It has an easy to use and simple interface. It has a well-organized data where you would get all the details. It is a great tool to provide a client-facing report where you could give your developer information that is specific enough to address issues related to website speed.
DareBoost website speed checker tool is like others, just need to place your web address, choose your test location and start your speed checking test. But with this tool, if you have already used their service once, you need to sign up for a free account to keep using it again. Its main strengths are:
- This tool breaks down the data into a visual representation. Once you are aware of what the data means, you will be able to see the progress.
- DareBoost also provides the loading process’s video breakdown. This is quite useful as you can see what is happening when your webpage loads.
- DareBoost brings out some interesting features to you and the data visualization provides a great way to interpret the results. When you need to sign up for a free account, it might be hard, but it is worth the try.
6) Website Speed Test Image Analysis Tool
Optimizing images improves webpage load time significantly. It improves user retention and satisfaction. This tool provides actionable and measurable information like the way to go beyond simple compression, ways to change the size, quality, format selection, and encoding. It can improve page load speed.
As the modern websites are heavy with images, it is tough to get away with low-resolution pictures. Hence, compression is a better option and this tool is of great use for it. The benefits of this tool are:
- Provides a description of each image on the analysed page. It also tells you the image size and the amount of space that could be saved on compressing it.
- It provides data on the number of images that your webpage successfully loads and the overall data that is required.
- Suggests ways to further compress your images without giving away the image quality.
- This is the only tool that focuses entirely on images, hence it is an essential tool for a website speed check.
7) SEO Site Checkup
SEO Site checkup tool is a user-friendly tool that analysis and monitors your website’s SEO. This is a great tool that takes care of page speed and investigates other search engine optimization factors. The benefits of this tool are:
- SEO Site checkup tool takes care of your website’s performance, looking at various factors that can influence performance, search rankings, and user experience.
- The report of this tool is easy to read and act on. It provides you with pointers towards easy to fix issues that you would have missed.
- This is an important tool for any web marketing professional. Once you run this diagnostic and get the result, you will be able to determine the best way to improve your website’s performance.
8) Site 24 X 7
- Evaluate the performance of the server environment as they are related to webpage speed.
- Integrate with various other system administrator tools.
- It generates an easy-to-read waterfall graph. It displays what loads on your webpage and when it loads.
- This tool’s built-in integration with other system administrators can make it an addition to a holistic page speed testing.
Dotcom-tools.com provides a thorough page speed testing tool. The other page speed testing tool test location by location. The Dotcom-tools.com checks the page from 24 different locations. This tool provides you with the following benefits:
- When you see the way load times differ from location to location, it helps you to see the way different users experience your website across the globe.
- You can be aware of where the users to your website come from.
- This tool also provides you with detail waterfall graphs as you would be able to see the order in which your webpage loads.
- This tool is an excellent choice if you are concerned to analyse the way how different users across different geographic regions fell your website.
The UpTrends tool is best used when you require a speed testing tool that looks good with a screenshot. This tool provides you with the following benefits:
- It provides you with a good waterfall graph that lists more information.
- Generates a good amount of domain group data to check the other domains your webpage might reference.
- It is easy to use.
This is a well-designed page speed testing tool and can be a good client-facing option tool.