Mahabaleshwar is famous and beautiful hill station of Maharashtra. It is situated in Satara district. If you are planning to visit Mahabaleshwar then you can easily choose a Tour plan from Mahabaleshwar tour packages.
It feels like heaven if you are in Mahabaleshwar. It has a beautiful green valley surrounded by lakes and hills. Mahabaleshwar has made by three villages Shindolla village, old Mahabaleshwar and Malcolm Peth.
There are so many exciting places to visit in Mahabaleshwar. If you need a break from your tuff and boring life, then it is the best destination for you to plan a holiday with your family and friends.
This place is very popular in honeymoon couples, but you can also enjoy with family here. Because the atmosphere is very romantic and cool here. It is the best place to enjoy the summer and monsoon season.
Here are the top 7 best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar are as follows –
1. Arthur Sea Point – It is 13km away from Mahabaleshwar. It is a very amazing destination. This place is surrounded by Savitri gorge and green mountains. This point is established by Sir Arthur Mallet.
It has a total of 6 points, Malcolm point, window point, Tiger Spring Point, Hunter point, Echo point and Aurther Sea point.
2. Lingmala Waterfall – It is a popular destination near Mahabaleshwar, It is 6km from Mahabaleshwar, this is located on Venna valley, Satara district.
It is having to waterfall one big and one small. It is a safe place for swimming and playing. It takes almost 30 minutes to go from a big waterfall to a small waterfall. It is becoming dangerous in heavy rainfall.
3. Mahabaleshwar Mandir – It is a very old Hindu temple which is situated in Satara district. It is Lord Shiva Temple. This temple is established by Chandarao More in the 16th century. It is built on Mahabali Hills.
This temple is having 500 years old Swayambhu Lingam. It is also known as Maha Lingam. It is also having 300 years old Trishul and Damroo of Lord Shiva.
4. Kaas Plateau – It is a topmost popular destination. It is 37 km away from Mahabaleshwar. It has a beautiful pink valley. It is famous for Kas Patthar. It is a better location for a picnic after the monsoon.
It looks very beautiful after monsoon with beautiful and colourful different types of flowers. It is having Karvy, orchids and drosera indica.
5. Panchgani – It is also a very beautiful destination. It has a great valley with dark forest and hills. It is very famous for some big and famous educational institutions.
It is having so many attractions like Nagewadi Dam, Rajpuri, Khingar, Dhom Dam, Wai and Bavdhan. Panchgani has five villages, Taighat, Amral, Khingar, Godwali and Dandeghar.
6. Raigad Fort – It is a most popular and a huge fort of Mahabaleshwar. It is 83km away from Mahabaleshwar. It is a very beautiful and historical fort.
It is established by Chandrarao More king, but after some time it is concurred by Shiva Ji. He completely renovated it and make it the capital of his kingdom in 1674. And it is burned by the British government in 1818.
This Fort is under the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is made up of very strong pieces of rocks. But now the only front structure is only left. It was having servant quarters, Queen’s quarters, public darbar’s. It is also having a big ground for the holy celebration which is known as Holi Cha Mal.
It is having three watchtowers. Also having one artificial lake known as Ganga Sagar lake. It is also having an execution place which is known as Tak Mak Tok. there is also the main attraction of this fort is the statue of Chattrapati Shivaji, Tomb of Shivaji is also situated near to this fort.
7. Gandharpale – It is a very beautiful and attractive cave in Mahabaleshwar. It very popular with tourists. It is located on the hills near Goa-Mumbai highway. You can also saw Gandhari and Savitri river near to this place.
Ganharpale caves name has taken from the two villages Pale Village and Mahad Viz. It is situated in 150 and 300 AD. There is a belief also that these Gandhar pale caves are built in a single night by Pandavas, well it is a story, we can’t say it is true or not. These caves established in the time of Vishnupalita Kambhoja.
These caves are 31 Buddhist caves. Some caves are on top and some are on the bottom of the hills. It is also having some Stupas build in prayer hall which is known as Chaityagrihas. Here you can also view some of Buddha’s Bothisatva’s on walls and pillars.
So these are the top 7 best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar. These places are very beautiful and amazing. You can easily book a Pune to Mahabaleshwar Cab for your family and friends. Mahabaleshwar has very good connectivity from Mumbai, Pune or other places of Maharashtra.