Had you bought new extender and now is wondering the way to install extender in your already existing network? If it is the case, then you had landed on right website. In this article we will try to give you holistic view of how to go for new NETGEAR range extender setup.
As you all do know that NETGEAR range extender comes in wide range of varieties, among which user can choose as per their requirement. In the coming sections we will try to elaborate on new extender setup for most of these extenders. Hope this will be helpful for the reader.
New extender setup for Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender
Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender is specially designed to provide dual band WiFi signal up to 1900 Mbps. This NETGEAR range extender belongs to one of the most advanced range extenders. Thus they are compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi devices. For new extender setup of Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender you can follow any one method from following listed methods as per your desire.
1. Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method: -In this method you will be able to install your new EX7000 range extender with just pressing WPS button on both router and EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender. But the only requirement for using this method is that your network router should have to be WPS enabled. All you have to do is
• Put your range extender on power
• Press WPS button on EX7000 Ac1900 range extender
• Within time period of 2 minutes, press WPS button on router
And that’s it. Your new extender setup is completed. You can place it wherever you want and can access extender network by using any WiFi device available in your network. For this do select network named same as your home network but having _EXT at the end of its name. Password for getting connected to extender network will be same as that of your home network router.
If in case you want to change credentials for your extender network then you have to first log into mywifiext.net setup page by using default username and password which are admin and password respectively. Here firstly go into settings option and then wireless setting. Then enter desired credentials and hit apply button. Thus your password and username will stand to be changed. Now you have to re-establish connection between WiFi device and extender using new credentials.
2. Manual method: - In case your network router doesnot support WPS mode of installation then best option available to you is manual method. In this method you have to manually establish connection between your device such as computer and
NETGEAR range extender with the help of Ethernet cable. Once connection between your device and extender is establish launch web browser on your device. In case you are going for new extender setup for the first time then while launching web browser you will be automatically landed on mywifiext.netsetup page. But if due to any reason
mywifiext.net web page do not open up by default then you are requested to enter
mywifiext.net or IP address assigned to that page that is 192.168.1.250 in the address bar of your web browser. Pop up window will appear, asking you to enter username and password for mywifiext.net login. BY default,Username is admin and Password is password, but in case you had assigned any particular username and password to your
NETGEAR range extender
then you have to enter same here. By this you will be prompted to NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extender Setup wizard. Here you can do all changes as you desire.